Run!!

A rough shake to my shoulder awakes me from my nightmares. Forcing my tear mated eyes open I gaze across the room to the grand bay windows opposite my bed are wide open with the cream curtains snapping in the wind. Smoke quickly fills the room. The intricate swirling carvings of my bed are aglow with burning wood.

"Hurry we have to leave!" Screams Giddian.

"We need to go before they... Before he can finish his sentence a man dressed in black muffles his speech with a hand. Giddian flings his arm around his neck and suddenly twists, the man falls to the ground like a rag doll.

"How did.. did you do that" I make out in my shock.

"Theres a lot you don't know about me sweet cheeks.When there's one there's always twenty more. Lets go!" He says while pulling me to my feet.

Grabbing my velvet robe we run through the door. Our footsteps echoing.

"What about Evelyn?!" I yell through the suffocating smoke.

"No time they already have her, I already tried to get to her" he yells.

"He knew I would attempt to rescue her, He sent thirty guard to guard her door." He huffs out through the heavy smoke.

"What about the window" I plead.

"Yeah easy for you to say, It's as a eighty feet drop. If I slip maybe I could survive that fall, but Evelyn wouldn't have a chance." he says starting to get angry.

"Im not leaving without her" I say coming to a stop.

"Trust me" he says.

The image of my father saying to trust him floods my mind. As if paralyzed I stop.

"Ila we don't have time for this" he yells.

He runs back down the corridor to where i'm stopped. He tries to pull me forward but no use im as frozen as a block of ice.Giving up he carries me the rest of the way toward the entrance. Stepping out he stops at the sight before him. Looking up I wish I hadn't.

People dead in the streets. Children crying. Soldiers fighting. Houses burning to the ground. Even the raging storm in the ocean did little to put the fires out. Giddian with me in his arms runs through the blood slicked streets to the docks. Glancing behind me it was one out of a fairy tale, a hot blue streak of lightning came whizzing down and stuck the north tower.

Tossing me into the first boat he sees. He races to the fishermen's supply shed. He grabs a sack and fills it with everything that will fit. Running out he tosses me the bag and pulls the anchor up and in. He takes a leap, but the boat had already started to drift .His hand misses the ledge ny and inch and he goes under.

A few second later he resurfaces and finally is able to grabs the boats side. His weight making the boat sway violently. Throwing my hand over the side i help him up. Putting the bag in the fish crate so it doesn't fall out. He grabs the oars and begins to row.

The wind picks up making the waves even more violent. Slashing like knives against the side of the boat making it starts to tip to the left. Seeming to have been rowing for hour but most likely minutes. With one last mighty hit the boat flips and were plunged under the surface. Giddian grabbing me around my waist and halling me to the surface was the last thing I saw before the cold black water clouds my vision.