Fishy

Once I finished sewing the cape it seemed that the once pale orange light started to turn purple.Thinking I would surprise Giddian when he came back I decided to make tea and fish. First I emptied the sack then picking the sharpes hook and sting. I grab the knife and head out the step den. Walking quickly and as quietly as possible. Walking through a short clearing of threes, I can see the ocean ahead of me by a good hundred feet. Using my free hand that didn't contain the sack of objects I hoist my nightgown to my knees. Cautiously I pursue forward. I shouldn't of left our shelter. Giddian might be known for wondering but I was not. When he returns to find me missing his going to freak out big time. So I needed to be careful especially with these people out here.

Reaching the outskirts of the trees I walk through the sand papery sand to the shore line. Fortunately growing up in a kingdom by the sea I knew how to fish. Using a long sturdy stick I had retrieved a while back I tie the string tightly to one end. Making a small loop on the other end of the string I split the fish hook on. Tying the end tightly so the hook wont slip I stick a plump ping slimy worm I found by the den onto the sharp point. Casting the pole back I easily push it forward.The string sails smoothly through the air and lands forty feet away with a satisfying slap. Knowing It would take awhile. Burry the stick end deep in the sand so It couldnt move.

Standing I retrace my steps across the beach to A shallow pool of water I saw earlier. Taking another stick I swirls the water around to check for hiding crabs. The side closest to the water has a opening of rocks like a cubby hole. Gingerly sticking my hand in the hole I swish my fingers around. My pinky touches a smooth hairy object. Knowing exactly what it was I grasp my hand around it and pull it out.

Jackpot.

An oyster.

Knowing there would be more where that came from I swiftly dig out the rest.Using my dress as a basket for the second time I gather them up and take them back to my fishing spot.