Lies Can Hurt

My eyes fly open and search the room. I must have fallen asleep because I was slumped at Giddian's side. Gently unwrapping the bandage on his wound to check for infection. The skin around the gash was puffy and purple. The stitches itself were oozing a greenish yellow liquid. It was infected and if we didn't get off this island soon he would die. Knowing my attempts would seem futile if he did it made a nerve pop inside me.getting up quickly I start to head to the door to make an SOS signal.

"Ila?" came a hoarse voice from behind me.

Turning around I saw Giddian was trying desperately to sit up and every attempt left him breathless with pain finally defeated after the fifth attempt he laid himself down and looked up at me.

"Where are you going?" acquired Giddian.

Knowing if I lied he would be able to tell instantly I just spoke the truth wishing he wouldn't protest.

"Im going to make a signal and find some more food." I spoke honestly.

"No!!!" he yelled half coughed out.

"I mean you can't uhh You have to stay with me.... I might need help.. You just can't.. Please" He begged sounding desperate. The look in his eyes was almost more frightened then the day our parents died.

"Okay I won't go then" I said trying to make him relax i ease myself onto the ground next to his feet. Looking back into his eyes he wasn't so sure I wouldn't leave him. Sighing I lay down on the ground beside him.

"Happy now?" I sarcastically mutter to him.

"Very" he says smugly.

A realization came to me in that moment. I dont even know what happened to him.

"What happened?" I ask dumbly.

"I dont know what your talking about" he replies in a monotone voice.

Angrily sitting up "Your face Giddian, What happened to your face?" I demand harshly.

"Nothing is wrong" he replies blankly once more.

"Nothing" I demand. You come stumbling in here. With blood every where you collapse. and I have to play doctor. I sat here all night tending on you making sure you didn't die and you tell me nothing is wrong." You're an idiot if you think I believed that." I hiss.

Stumbling blindly with rage I walk out the den. Leaving Giddian yelling for me to come back.