Chapter 2

A week later, an announcement is made, Zelda will be crowned queen in a few months! Everyone is overjoyed at the thought of her blossoming into a great young leader!

Zelda's POV

I've decided now, I'm going to go tell Link and invite him to my coronation! That gives me an excuse to see him again! I'm so excited to be crowned... Although, there are some downsides, like losing a lot of my freedom and spare time, having to marry and continue the family line, but 17 is much too young to be thinking about that! I'm just gonna live in the moment! I've have a lot of people that criticise my father, just because I'm a lot less prim and perfect than my mother doesn't mean I won't make a good queen! It's going to be my 18th birthday next month too! Another thing to invite Link too! I'm going to leave soon! What should I wear? How much make up to put on? Oh I'm so nervous!...

Link's POV

After I'd heard the announcement I was so happy, I had to congratulate her! I sat down to bright writing a letter, I would casually slip in meeting her again in the letter but the main point would be to congratulate her. About 5 minutes after I'd mailed it, I hear a horse approaching my home, I look out the window and it's none other than the Princess! I'd have to explain the letter, damn, this is embarrassing... I went down to greet her and invite her in.

"Zelda! Oh, it's so good to see you again!" I said as I hugged her. "You too Link!" She replied. I invited her in for a while, she looked so beautiful, even more so than I had last seen her, so much more mature too! (Even though it had only been almost two years.) Conversation flowed between us, we had a good laugh, making jokes about our first meeting, Minda's attitude, then reflecting on how much we both miss her. To be honest, I never wanted it to end... I'm starting to get real feelings for her. A farmer and a princess. Was I absolutely mad? I have to just keep telling myself we're just friends...