Coronation Day - 1

Link's POV

It's so close to Zelda's coronation! She must be terrified! I wish I could comfort her... Urgh, it's so aggravating! Well, I'm ready 2 hours early, all I need to do is make sure Epona is clean and looking good, who am I kidding, she always looks good! I go outside and I start brushing her, I change again first to make sure I don't get my suit dirty.

I fit Epona with her new saddle (bought especially for the coronation!) and go back inside to get ready and leave!

Epona is a knights horse as of today, so she'll be seen by everyone as a hero in her own rights! She is of course, without her, I never would've made it a week!

Approaching Hyrule castle I can see the massive crowd waiting for my arrival. There's going to be an announcement or something, I'm not sure.

"Now entering the castle, Knight to be, Hero Link!" Says the man with the megaphone. I guess that was the announcement?

It strange to be in front of a massive crowd like this when you're used to Ordon. I give a wave and a smile then straight into the stables, to dismount Epona.

"Good job girl, you looked great!" I whisper patting her on the back, she gives me a look, as if she's thanking me. I walk into the main hall and I am stood in front of the seats with the other knights and royalty. Then the public are let in to sit in the thousands of seats they have set out in two sections with a middle aisle. After everyone is seated the ceremony commences. Looking around the hall is a task and a half! It's massive! There's Hylian crests everywhere! Also triforces, sacred stone paintings and even replicas! There is even a mural of Zel! Straight down the middle of the two aisles there is a long, blue carpet with a crest at the bottom of the carpet (where the entrance is.)

There is the classic singing of the Hylian anthem and everyone turns to wait for Zelda. The two grey stone doors swung wide open to reveal Zelda in a beautiful white and gold dress, she looks like a goddess. Beautiful doesn't describe her even closely. Her head held high she steadily walks down towards where her father is standing, while the other knights and I are standing at an angle just behind him. She walks up to the front of the crowd, waves and smiles that perfect smile that I fell in love with.

"People of Hyrule!" The king says, bowing before his daughter. "I have the highest honour that any king can have, today, I will crown my only daughter, Queen of Hyrule!" The crowd cheers and he smiles! "I'd like to take a minute, to remember my late wife, and what a wonderful queen she was. So she is not forgotten, even as we move on." Everyone went silent, not a single head looking up, everyone paying their respects to the late queen.

"Now, without further adieu!" He takes the beautiful crown from the podium on which it had sat since I arrived and placed it on his daughters head. "I present the new queen of Hyrule, Queen Zelda!" The crowd all cheer so loudly I can't hear myself think! I'm cheering as loudly as I can, I can see just how happy she is. The king bows before his daughter, down on one knee and kisses her hand. Slowly one by one the knights and all the audience bow before their new queen.

"Great people of Hyrule, as my first official duty as queen, I introduce to you all, Link of Ordon!" Now the crowd is cheering for me. I'm really nervous but I get up and stand with her. She turns to face me and I bow, my left arm over to my right shoulder, head to the ground and she takes the Hylian Sword that's been in her family for generations and places it slowly on my right shoulder, then my left an finally on to my head while saying: "dear people of Hyrule, I here by knight this man, the Great Sir Link of Ordon, for all his duties to this country and his outstanding bravery for facing and defeating the King of the Gerudos. Thus saving us all from the twilight that had enslaved our great country." Then lifted the sword from my head and handed it to her father. She then took my hand to get me on to my feet and lifted it in the air. "Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, The Great Sir Link of Ordon!"

The crowd roars with excitement, I rub the back of my head and pull a goofy smile. I can't help it of course! I walk back and stand with the knights and Zelda exclaims "I hope you'll all stay for a feast and a dancing!" The crowd start filtering through to the banquet hall, but Zelda stands and waits for them all to leave before going in herself.

While Zelda is speaking to the crowd I notice all the other knights slowly making their way out a side door in the hall. Zelda's father walks over to me and whispers "Link, one of my men are being Epona in while we speak, I need you to get on her with Zelda and run as far as possible. There is an army headed for the castle so just stay calm and protect my girl. Do not let me down here."

"Can you fight without me?" I whisper back.

"We've got extra forces today, I made doubly sure of it. Just go out through that door there and you should be at the back of the castle. Run through the fields until you reach a cave, head straight through there and they'll never find you. I see you have your master sword and there are bows and arrows with Epona. Take care of my girl..."

I just nod. I can't let him down. I notice Zelda is just about to walk out the hall and I run over and grab her arm and start walking.

"Link what in the name of goddesses do you think you're doing! Let me go"

I just tighten my grip and say "Do you trust me?" She stops resisting and nods. Her father shouts good luck and that he loves her before we leave and mount Epona.

"Link I'm really scared, what's going on? Why did my father say that? Why aren't we going to the banquet hall? Tell me!"

"There's an oncoming army and I'm getting you to safety."

With that Epona starts to run as fast as she can, I know we're going to run in to trouble. The Gerudo are smart, they've lived next to Hyrule for centuries so they must know the place well. I can see one or two goblins in the distance. So that's why they were in Hyrule Field yesterday! They were spy's! I wield my sword on approach and swing at the two goblins who both fall to ground.

"Give me the bow and arrows! You slice and I'll shoot?" She asks.

"That's my girl." I say, passing them back to her, I grab her hand and squeeze it while I'm moving my hand back to the reigns.

We move quickly. Every so often a few goblins appear and we deal with them but it's pretty much a straight forward journey. We can see the cave in the distance, and it ha a whole lot of Gerudos waiting outside it.