Chapter 14

Link's POV

I can't believe this time next week I'm going to be a knight and Zelda is going to be a queen! I'm still smiling like an idiot after leaving the café. I was basically skipping through Hyrule Field! The best part of being a knight is the fact that Zel' is my queen and if I become part of her army then I'll get paid to protect her! I'll write a letter to her tonight asking if my knighting means I can be a personal guard or if it's just a title, it depends on her rules as queen...

"My Princess,

How are you? I forgot to properly thank you for those chocolates, they were lovely! So, the knighting arrangement, does it mean that I can become one of your personal guards or is it just a title? Also, on Friday some of the villagers are celebrating Colin's birthday. I know how much he likes you and I'm sure he'd be so happy if you were there! Think about it?

Your hero, Link"

Two days after I sent my letter Zelda replayed.

"My dearest Link,

I'm great! I would be absolutely delighted to go to Colin's birthday party. Meet me on Friday at Hyrule Castle before the party so we can go together? If you would like to be a personal guard during the day that would be great, but that means we couldn't talk or anything. It's probably a good idea to look at other jobs you could do? Like advisory, so you could talk to me all day! Well, we'll speak more on Friday!

Your princess, Zelda."

I was a little disappointed but as the Hero of Time it's always been my destiny to protect her and Hyrule so, they would come to me for help straight away. Or at least, I hope they would.