Chapter 4

Lisa's pov ~

"You're telling us this now?", Jennie unnie said.

The living room clock showed it was 10 minutes past 11 in the night. We were sitting in a circle on the floor, munching on my favourite Thai seaweed. I was sure we were all going to hell for gluttony.

"I didn't know how to bring it up before. It was a weird situation, okay?"

"Weird? Sure but also wildly romantic.", Rosé said, giggling behind her hand.

"No it wasn't. It was scary as hell. I thought the elevator might free fall but he...", I trailed off. Damn it, I shouldn't have said anything.

"But he, what? Tell us.", Jisoo urged. She was painting her toenails orange, the polish bottle balanced precariously on her knee cap.

"Umm."

"Look me in the face and tell me there were absolutely no sparks flying between you two.", Rosé ordered.

I hesitated, remembering how our faces had been inches apart when the lights came back on. I was sure my face was on fire when Jennie pointed out.

"Look at her face. She can't lie, something must have happened between you two. Did you guys kiss?"

"Kiss?! What? No. I don't even know him. As I said it was a weird situation okay. Moreover, he was way too arrogant and he even insulted me a couple times. I don't like him at all now.", I said defending myself.

"Well, you might see him tomorrow at the rehearsal. Try not to show your "hate" towards him okay.", Jennie smirked, air quoting the word hate.

Rosé hugged me from behind.

"You're so cute when you have a crush.", she muttered in my ear.

"What!? I don't-"

Jennie cut me off, hugging me from the front.

" You're right, Rosie. Just don't make me cringe with the heart eyes and all tomorrow Lisa."

"I'm not-"

"I want in on the group hug too.", Jisoo exclaimed, launching herself towards us.
The nail polish bottle went flying, spilling orange paint all over the carpeted floor and sofa.

"I'm not cleaning that up." Jennie said.

"I have to brush my teeth." This from Rosé.

"I'm so sleepy. Goodnight guys.", I yawned.

We three stood up, walking away from the scene of the crime.

"Wait, help me! Noooo!" Jisoo shrieked behind us.

~

The next day, we arrived at the arena where the Gaon Chart Awards were going to be held in two days. It was five in the evening. Our management team had secured the 6-6:30 slot for us to practice on the stage.

I was nervous. I had no reason to be nervous. We had done stage rehearsals before of course and there was nothing to it. Just come in, do your thing at the allotted time and leave, that's all. But this was also one of the few times we got to meet other idols, more so in an informal setting.