Chapter 35

Lisa's pov~

"Put them in here."

Our head manager held out a black bag in front of the four of us. His stern face and rigid stance brooked no argument.

The phone in my hand made my palm sweat and I gulped as I slowly reached to toss it inside the bag. Jisoo, Jennie and Rosé followed suit.

I felt bad. They had decided to come meet me on their own accord but all they had wanted was to cheer me up at the end of the day. How could they have known that a company van had tailed them all the way to Jungkook's apartment.

The burly head manager we usually barely ever saw zipped up the bag with a decisive yank. "You should thank me that I haven't informed your Sajangnim yet about this secret rendezvous you had with Bangtan members."

He made sure to look each one of us in the eyes before continuing. And extinguishing any chance I had of contacting Jungkook.

"The phones will remain with me indefinitely. Your security will be increased twofold, so don't even think of sneaking someone else's phone or anything. You guys will be on watch 24/7 and everything will be reported back to me."

"Why don't you just put us under house arrest.", Jisoo muttered under her breath.

He heard her. "Oh don't doubt me, I will."

The smile he gave us was not friendly, instead it promised punishment for every misstep of ours in the future."Just give me one more reason and I'll not only put you under lock and chain but also write a nice letter about your day time activities to your CEO."

With one last ominous warning, he was out the door. "Just try me."

We heaved a sigh of relief as soon as he left. Jennie and Jisoo leaned against the mirrors in our practice room and Rosé just sprawled out on the floor.

"Damnit, I had no idea they were actually having us followed.", Jennie exclaimed."We had an off day, couldn't they just leave us alone like they do the rest of the artists under YG."

She threw her hands in the air. "Oh wait, we're "female artists", of course they don't trust us."

Jennie seriously hated some of YG's more discriminatory policies regarding girl and boy groups.

But I had an inkling that they tailed us because they had suspected my involvement with Jungkook ever since the incident with the mob. And my subsequent all nighters at a "friends" house. At least that's the excuse I gave the managers whenever I had to stay over at Jungkook's.

Rosé gave me a sympathetic smile. "We don't mind the phones and the curfew. But what are you gonna do? How will you inform Jungkook?"

Just as I muttered "I don't know"... the door opened to reveal Sangwon unnie.

She gave us all a reassuring smile before turning to me, no doubt already informed about our predicament.

"Lisa-yah you have an appointment with the Vogue stylist in an hour. C'mon freshen up so we can go.", she told me with an impatient wave of her hand.

I jumped up from my spot, with this new situation thrown at us I had forgotten all about the appointment. I hadn't been feeling all that well last week when the rest of the members had gone for their fitting for the Vogue issue we were going to be featured on, so I had to postpone.

I had been feeling down in the dumps for missing out on such an awesome experience with the rest of my members. But Jungkook had taken a sick day off himself just to take care of me and the regret had soon vanished completely at the feel of his gentle but strong hands massaging my aching body.