Chapter 23

[ unedited ]

Lisa's pov~

I'm tired. Of everything.

It's been more than an hour of lecturing from YG sajangnim. I told him exactly what happened that night hoping he'd understand my position too. But all I got was a verbal lashing regarding safety and not being responsible enough.

I understood where he was coming from but that didn't mean it didn't hurt less. All news sites and media outlets were talking about me and this was stressing all of us out too much.

"Now all we can do is wait until they find something else to focus on. The evidence is too damning, we can't even release a coherent statement right now." He went on and on. Pacing in front of me in his office. "You'll continue your promotions as is but keep everything on the down low."

"How are we supposed to do that?", I asked genuinely curious. Our schedule was jam packed.

He gave me a stern look. "I'm sure you'll figure it out. You're mature enough, right? Considering your very adult like behaviour recently."

That was a low blow. But I didn't say anything as he left the room and our manager came in.

"You girls have to attend the summer kpop festival today. We can't cancel it now no matter what.", he proceeded to rattle off our schedule for the day.

I looked up at him with tears in my eyes and his words trailed off. "You believe me right, oppa? What happened wasn't my doing. He forced-"

"Shh.", he came forward to pat my head reassuringly. "I know, Lisa. I believe you. But we can't blow this up even more by letting out the truth, it'll only cost us more. Police and the court will have to get involved. This isn't fair to you but think of the future of this group."

I nodded. "Yeah. I'll do anything for my group.", I said as I hiccuped with restrained tears.

"Now, c'mon. Cheer up. Get yourself fixed. We have things to do."

"I'll be out in a second.", I told him as I took out my phone and he left me alone in the room.

The reactions of the public in reality and face to face? I was absolutely terrified. But a coward I wasn't.

That's why I had been trying to call Jungkook since yesterday morning, to try and face his reaction and have him understand the truth.

But he didn't pick up. Each and every one of my calls had gone to voicemail. I had stopped counting how many times I had called him.

I tried again, pressing the phone to my ear as I waited for him to finally pick up.

On the 7th ring. He did.

"Hello." His voice was ice cold.

"Jungkook! I've been calling you nonstop because-"

"Do you think I'm an idiot? I know why you've been calling me. And you should know why I haven't been answering.", he sounded different, detached and emotionless.

My brows furrowed with foreboding. "No I don't know why you haven't been answering. I deserve to explain myself."

"Do you really?", he drawled.

Now he was getting on my nerves. I gave him the benefit of the doubt when it came to Tzuyu. Couldn't he return the favour?

"Yes, I do.", I growled."Mark was the one who forced himself on me. I did not kiss hi~"

"Lisa.", he cut me off. "I've known him for years. He would never force himself on a girl."

"Are you calling me a liar?" I couldn't believe this, I'd thought he would trust me.