Chapter 11

Lisa's pov~

I had imagined my first kiss many times. Maybe under a tree during spring time with a sweet loving boyfriend. Or on a rainy day, both of us wrapped in a cozy blanket. Or maybe under the starry night after a date. All cliché scenarios, I know.

But right now I was in a restaurant on a busy market street, straddling a boy who insulted me like it was his job. Our lips just a breadth apart.

My mind was spinning. Mostly thoughts of his hard toned chest under my palms. The heat of his hands on the small of my back, holding me close. I could feel his powerful muscular thighs beside my much slender ones.

Out of nowhere the image of him with Tzuyu in the article flashed across my brain. I tensed.

What am I doing?

He could possibly be dating another girl. I didn't know if it was a rumour or not but it still wasn't in me to kiss a guy who was maybe taken. However much he made my heart pound with lust.

I pulled back just as his lips were about to meet mine.

His face unconsciously followed mine for a second before he opened his eyes again, a confused look on his face.

Standing up I nervously smoothed my rumpled shirt, looking everywhere but at him.

"What just-", he began but Pim unnie arrived just in time.

"Here you go.", she said putting the two dishes on the table beside us.

~

After that an awkward atmosphere settled between us as we sat down opposite each other to eat the food. Mostly the awkwardness came from me. I couldn't meet his eyes after what had just happened. Moreover, I recognised the simmering emotion inside me everytime I thought of him with Tzuyu.

Jealousy.

Usually I wasn't one to be possessive over anything. I was easy going and laid back but Jungkook pushed all my wrong buttons.

For his part, he looked annoyed and done with the whole evening. Maybe he regretted asking for my help.

We were almost done eating when we both reached for the last piece of bulgogi at the same time. Our chopsticks collided with each other.

He narrowed his eyes.

I did the same.

"You ate almost all of the kimchi stew. Back off, this is mine.", he accused grabbing the last piece with his chopsticks.

"Are you saying I eat too much?", I growled snatching the beef away from him with mine.

He snatched it back. "That's exactly what I'm saying. Maybe you should think about working out a little bit more."

My hand stopped midair. Without realising it he had hit my one weak spot. As a dancer I was always worried about gaining too much weight. I knew I wasn't overweight in any way but still I had insecurities. And those insecurities had almost made me starve myself one time when I was younger.

I was past that phase now and more confident in myself. But old habits were hard to let go. Especially when others pointed out your weakness to you.