Epilogue

8 years later~

Jungkook's pov~

If somebody had told my 21-year old self that I'd be performing solo at a sold out dome by the time I was 29, I would have wholeheartedly agreed with them and patted them on their back.

Or if somebody had told me that I would be winning a daesang for my very own album, that person would have been my best friend for life.

But if someone had told me I would be an engaged man at 29, I would have snorted and laughed at their joke till my sides hurt.

The joke was on me though.

My fiancée sat beside me on the ornate chairs this year's MAMA staff had decided were to be the idol seating area. Her hand tightly grasped in mine, our thighs touching, as the nominees for Album of the Year were displayed on the massive screen for the stadium sized crowd of fans to gawk at.

I closed my eyes. I was nervous. Ridiculous, I know. We'd received enough trophies in our lifetime to fill an olympic sized swimming pool.

Maybe it was my vanity talking but this award was special. Not only because it would be my first very own daesang but more so because for the first time the love of my life was there to cheer for me when I received it. I didn't want to disappoint Lisa.

"Jungkook, are you okay?", Lisa whispered in my ear, glancing down at my thumb which was rubbing agitated circles on her wrist.

"Yeah, love.", I sighed, bringing her hand to my
mouth to kiss her palm in reassurance.

I'm sure the fansites were having a field day at our closeness.

Peering at the other end of our table, I caught the eye of three of my hyungs who were here with me today.  Jimin, Taehyung and Jin ,all looking as handsome and charming as they did 8 years ago.

Namjoon and Hoseok were currently enlisted, approaching discharge soon. Bangtan was still together and stronger than ever, though we  had had to take a hiatus from group activities for a year, each of us taking the time to further our solo careers.

Jin was the first to speak up, his eyes communicating the sincerity of his words. "I'm proud of you, maknae, no matter if you win the daesang or not. And even though they're not here to support you tonight, the rest of your hyungs feel the same way."

"You're so cheesy, hyung.", Jimin muttered, sulking as he eyed Lisa and Rosé seated beside me and Taehyung.

He had been throwing a tantrum all day, because Jisoo couldn't attend MAMA due to her nephew's birthday. Jimin had wanted to ditch the awards too to be with his girlfriend but we had to gently remind him that he was nominated for two categories and couldn't behave like a little child.

"Shut up and grow up, Jimin. Don't ruin this for Jungkook.", Taehyung chastised. Though nobody could see it, he probably had his hand entwined with Rosé's under the table.

His acting career had taken off, with his latest film achieving international success. The fact that Rosé had composed and sung the soundtrack for it had made the public even more reassured of their involvement with each other. The two of them still remained mum over the issue though, wanting to preserve their privacy as long as they could.

I smiled at their bickering. If Yoongi hyung was here he would have shut them up with just one glare. But Jennie was approaching the 8th month of her pregnancy and Yoongi had chosen to stay home and take care of his wife rather than attend, even though several of the songs he had produced were nominated. We had taken the awards on his behalf.