Chapter 13

Lisa's pov~

Our comeback interview was scheduled in an hour at the largest convention centre of Seoul.
The bustling energy of the YG staff helped us blend in effortlessly in the large waiting room. Me and Chaeyoung had just had our makeup done and the stylists were now working on the Unnie line.

The multiple televisions in the waiting room were broadcasting live events from various parts of the building. But there was only one broadcast I was interested in.

I watched as BTS answered the media regarding their win, the members keeping the interview humorous and playful.

No one could deny that they had a certain charm that set them apart from the others. They showed their genuine selves to the cameras and all of them had a sort of magnetic appeal. Plus, their talent was no joke.

I had heard Jungkook and Jimin's rendition of We Don't Talk Anymore recently while I had been browsing the net. And though both of them had angelic voices, for some reason Jungkook's voice had given me goosebumps and shivers up my spine.

I would never admit this secret out loud but I liked to hear his beautiful voice sing when I went to sleep at night.

I frowned, suddenly remembering my evening with him. I should have congratulated him on their win last night.

Chaeyoung cleared her throat, making me snap out of my daze. I turned to look at her.

"You like him, don't you?", Chaeyoung questioned in a hushed voice, her head close to mine. She indicated towards the tv." Their maknae. I thought you would be over him after some time but I'm starting to think you're serious about him."

I blushed." It's not like that at all. He's just another idol."

"Is that why you have his solos and covers on your playlist?"

I choked on air. How the heck does she know?

I ignored her, focusing back on the tv.
It's not like I have a decent answer to that question anyway.

My brows furrowed as I watched the live broadcast. The other members seemed to be leaving the conference hall, only Jungkook remaining in his chair at the centre.

What was going on?

My breath left me when the camera shifted to a person coming in from the side of the stage.

"What is Tzuyu doing there?", Chaeyoung voiced out my own thoughts.

We both watched the rest of the interview with mouths gaping open as Tzuyu stunned the crowd with her confessions.

My heart beat louder as I focused on Jungkook's face on the television. But his emotionless poker face gave nothing away. Only when it all ended, did I noticed the slight tightening of his jaw and his closed off stance as he strode away from the stage. It might not be apparent to others but I could tell he was distressed.

I gulped, my instincts screaming at me. Don't do it.

But my heart didn't listen.

"Ugh, Chaeng, I'm going to get my phone from the green room. I'll be right back."

She eyed me out of the corner of her eyes. I knew that she knew. But still she didn't stop me as I jogged away to the outer hallways.

I easily remembered the layout of the convention centre from past visits as I made my way to the east wing where the largest media room was located.

I didn't know what exactly I was doing or what I would say to him but for some reason his upset face had made me want to see him in person. My feet made no sound as I stealthily navigated my way to the quiet east wing.