Chapter 41

[Unedited]

Lisa's pov~

Voices floated in and out of my head. Rosé, Jennie and Jisoo spoke quiet, comforting words and their gentle caresses made me feel at home.

My mom and dad. I could hear her silent sobs and his reassuring hushes. I was worried for her, she was a sensitive soul. But try as I might, I couldn't move a single muscle in my body.

I felt trapped, suffocated. But then...

"Open those beautiful eyes, doll."

And throughout it all Jungkook didn't leave my side once. Why was he here? Didn't he have his girlfriend to get back to?

Before I could dwell further on his pleading voice, unconsciousness beckoned again.

The next words I heard were whispered and angry.

"Hyung, I'm not leaving till she wakes up. So you might as well cancel everything on the schedule. Or better yet, go ahead without me."

He was on the phone. The room was so silent I could hear the faint voice of Namjoon replying back. Again I tried to open my eyes, to speak and tell him he had no obligation to stay at all. No luck.

"Armys will understand. Eventually." He heaved a frustrated sigh before growling out,"Look, I couldn't care less about all that stuff right now. She's my priority, hyung. Bangpd-nim needs to back off. I'm not going to be his and JYP's puppet anymore."

What was he talking about? He should leave. I didn't save his life to make him owe me something in return.

I heard the click of the phone as he hung up, then the bed dipped a little as he sat beside me, taking my hand in his own. His warm fingers traced the lines on my palm, as if memorising their pattern. He spoke softly.

"You've got a concussion, baby. But it's been more than a day now, you must wake. You're worrying me so much."

Wake up to assuage his guilt so he could get on with his life? At that moment I was almost glad I couldn't.

"You're worrying your fans so much. They're outside, waiting for you to open your eyes. You gotta tell them that you're alright, doll. You have to tell me...", his voice broke a little and he pressed a kiss to my palm.

My heartbeat rose. Now I felt guilty. I didn't want to disappoint blinks. I tried to move again. Tried so hard to regain control over my muscles.

His words worked like fuel.

"This is all my fault. Anything I could possibly do wrong, I did. How will you forgive me?"

My fingers twitched in his hands and his breath hitched. Through sheer willpower I forced my heavy lids to lift a fraction.

Jungkook sprang up in a flash, pressing the button for the nurse, before he was hovering over me with hopeful eyes. "Baby are you waking up?"

Bright hospital light blinded me and I groaned, shutting my eyes again. Suddenly the lights dimmed and I peeked again to see Jungkook adjusting the panel beside the bed.

I opened my mouth to tell him to leave but he beat me to it. He was clearly nervous because his usual unperturbed facade was nowhere to be seen. He was frazzled, frantic and fussing over me like a mother hen. I had never seen him like this.

"...you hit your head and your side. A concussion, but the doctor said it was nothing major. You bruised your shoulder though and the debris cut your face and neck a little. The doctor said you won't scar. Not that I would care if you did. You're beautiful no matter what. I guess he thought it was important since you're an idol. Don't worry, your fans would love you even if you had three heads and webbed feet. I know I would—"