Chapter 3

The Masquerade Ball at Riddleton was in 3 days. Gabrielle and I were the ball comitte with a few other girls. We had to make sure the ball was a success, but that wouldn't be easy with Monica Grey as the comitte leader. She hated anyone she felt was lower than her. Her dad was sponsoring Riddleton so just because her dad had power over the school she thought she had power over the students.

"Come on, people! This work isn't going to get done itself!" Monica spat through the bull horn while her and her friends just sat down while the rest of us worked our butts off.

"Why don't you help out?" one of the girls in the comitte asked folding her arms.

"Are you questioning my authority? No. Thankyou very much now get your sorry behind back over to those streamers." Monica rolled her eyes and continued to gock at her nails.

A few seconds later the football team came in.

"Oh, hey Jacob!" Monica greeted modeling to Jacob's side.

"Hey...." Jacob tried to remember Monica's name which made the rest of us laugh.

"Monica." she whispered.

"Monica! Thats it. Yeah. Ms.Windren told us to come help you guys lift the big heavy items. You know being girls and all." Jacob flexed proudly.

"You're so nice.." Monica then started gawking at Jacob.

"Girls can do anything guys can do." I blurted out.

"Oh, really?" Jacob raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, really." I replied.

"Right. You guys just sit back and look pretty." he folded his arms.

"I bet you, you guys can't prepare this whole room in time for the Ball friday." I gambled.

"I bet we can. No. How about we prepare half of the room and you girls prepare the other half? Whoever finishes wins." he grinned.

"Fine." I agreed.

The war was on. The guys went to the locker rooms to get changed. They worked with their shirts off so they couldn't get any pain on them. Most of the tmes it was pretty distracting. Sometimes Jacob would really push it by pretending to come over to our side just to get a bottle of water or something.

"This is so stupid, Jamie." Monica folded her arms.

"Its just for fun, Monica. Besides no one said you had to join." I dipped the paint brush in the bucket.

"Well then. Lets have fun." Monica pushed the ladder I stood on painting the walls. It wobbled and collasped. I screamed and before I could hit the ground I was caught. I opened my eyes to see Jacob. I started staring at his muscular figure, but looked over to the overspilled paint that splattered on the wall.

"Thanks." I got on my feet.

"You're welcome." he smirked.

" What were you thinking Monica?! I was furious.

"You said we were just having fun, right?" she laughed.

"Fun? You call me almost dyeing fun?" I pointed over to the fallen ladder.

" In my terms. Well pack it up for the day guys! We'll meet back here tomorrow at lunch! Ta-Ta, Jamie!"Monica left with her minions following behind.

"You okay?" Jacob asked.

"Yeah. Thanks for the save but I could've been pretty fine. I'm like a cat. Landing on my feet." I rubbed my arm from embarrasement.

"Next time we'll see how that works out for you." he joked.

I watched as Jacob and the rest of the foootball team started packing up the buckets of paint still with their shirts off...

"Hey. There's something stuck to your butt." Gabrielle came from behind me.

"What?" I tried brushing off my jeans.

"One of Cupid's arrows because you're in love..." she teased.

"Not funny, Gabby." I picked up my book bag.

"Whatever, but it looks like you've got a date for the ball." she smirked.

"Who? Jacob?" I made my way to the exit.

"Yep." she followed behind me.

"He's so not my type." I lied.

Thx for reading. My first book on Wattpad so gimme some feedback and tell me what u think. Comment, vote, message me!!!