Chapter 4

Yes! Today was Tuesday. As in the day the cafeteria sells taco. And who better to make tacos than Ms.Rose. She was the nicest cafeteria lady at Riddleton. Not like the rest who you'd ask what the time was they'd threaten to kill you with a gravy spoon. I rushed to the cafeteria. I was late for lunch because I accidentally dragged in paint into the classroom from my sneekers and had to clean it up. I got a good look at the the taco tray that now only had one taco left. I ran over to the line, but something came in front of me. It was Jacob.

"Good afternoon, Ms.Rose. You're looking lovely today." he kissed Ms.Rose's hand like she was the Queen.

"Good afternoon to you too, Jacob. How's your mom?" Ms.Rose blushed.

"She's good. Always talking about how great of a babysitter you were to her when she was little. Well whats for lunch today?" he scanned the food bar.

"Oh. Well there's one more taco left." Ms.Rose started to take up the taco.

"Wait! I was here first." I blured out.

"I think I was I was here first, Jamie" Jacob started reaching for a gatorade.

"You skipped me." I corrected.

"Skip is such a strong word. I just gently took your place." he took the taco out of Ms.Rose's hand before going back to his usual table (which was mine and Gabrielle's)

"Isn't he just a fine young boy?" Ms.Rose smiled before going into the kitchen.

"Well if thats what you wanna call it." I muttered under my breath and went to the vending machine.

I put my money in for you know the usual since Jacob took the last taco and waited for it to drop. Suddenly I felt a figure behind me. Yay. Jacob..

"What do you want? Came here to apologize?" I folded my arms.

"No. I came here to use the vending machine now if you will excuse me." Jacob said as he gently pushed me to the side.

"You should be apologizing. That taco was mine." Okay I sounded a bit childish now.

"Don't you think you're acting a bit childish?" he handed me my items from the machine.

"Well I thought it, but I won't admit it." I paused to recognize what I just said.

"You're funny and cute when you're mad." he smiled waiting for his chip to fall.

Cute? He thinks I'm cute. Well I'm still mad..

"I am? I mean. So! Ugh! You make me sick." I rolled my eyes and started to walk over to Gabrielle.

" Love you too." he smirked and went over to his table.

"So you and Jacob dating yet?" Gabrielle asked.

"No and we will never date." I replied.

" But You two look so cute together! Date him!." Gabrielle whined.

"You can't tell me who to date. Can you? " I cocked my head to the side.

"No...But I can force you." she corrected.

"Right. We'll see." I playfully shoved her and we went to our table.