Chapter 8

The Ball was in one hour and I decided not to go. What was the sense of going? Just to see Jacob and Monica drueling over each other? Yeah, that made plenty of sense. But then what about my hard work? Did I just let all of that go down the drain? Maybe I should go. I went downstairs where I saw Ms.Flora and my dad talking at the kitchen table. They were dressed all fancy. I forgot about the dinner.

"Jamie. Why aren't you dressed?" my dad asked.

"Dressed for what? I'm not going to dinner with you guys." I said.

"Jamie. Go upstairs and get dressed." Ms.Flora ordered.

"You can't tell me what to do. You're not my mom." I grabbed my phone off of the counter.

"Jamie! If you're thinking of going to that stupid dance you've got another thing coming." my dad shouted.

I went upstairs and went inside the bathroom, slaming the door behind. I sat on the toilet to think. All of this was happening so fast. So I went to open the door, but it was lock. My dad locked it to keep me from going to the ball.

"Jamie. If you aren't going to dinner you're not going anywhere. Now we'll be back by 12. You leave this house and you'll be in serious trouble." were his last words before I heard the door downstairs close.

What was I going to do? There were no windows so I decided to use my only option. The hole beneath the floor. A secret passage I used when I was little. Lets hope I could still fit. I removed all of the bathroom rugs that hid it and opened its tiny entrance. I lunged my body in and started climbing down. Finally I saw some light and I was in my room. This was the chance to get ready. I did all of my hygiene things and grabbed my perhaps magical dress.

-

(Dress to the side>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>)I stared in the mirror at how pretty I looked in my beautiful pink dress and decided to get my mind off of Jacob. Just because he made me feel bad didn't mean I had to make Gabrielle feel bad by not showing up to the ball. I curled my hair and put on my accessories. I grabbed my masqerade mask and put it on my face. For a second there I couldn't figure out the person in the mirror. I looked so different.

At the Ball......

Everyone were dressed in their gowns, tuexedos and masks. The gym was so beautiful due to the comitte help and you know somewhat the football team. Everyone were paired up with their partners as they danced to the slow music, but Jacob seemed a little bit nervous. Hmmm...

"Jacob. Jacob. Are you listening to me?" Monica asked adjusting her arms around Jacob's neck as they danced.

"Oh, yeah." Jacob answered snapping out of his thoughts.

Soon Jamie enters the gym and the spotlight starts shining on her. Everyone starts staring even Jacob who us mezmorized.

"Who is she?"  some asked in the crowd.

"Wow." Jacob breathed.

"Jacob. Are you seriously looking at her? Jacob! Ugh!" Monica pushes past Jacob and stomps off.

Jacob makes his way over to Jamie not knowing thats her because they both have masks on.

"Hey. You look familiar. Do I know you from somewhere?" he asked.

"Jacob?" Jamie said silently.

"May I have this dance?" he asked offering his right hand.

"Uh-Uh sure." Jamie agreed trying to adjust her voice so he wouldn't recognize.

Jamie's POV: ~Point of View~

We went to the middle of the floor. Jacob held onto my waist and I held onto his neck. It all had to be a dream, but what was I thinking? This is the very guy that ditched me for Monica, but I did reject him. Well I didn't actually reject him. Ugh! I'm so confuse.

"So whats your name?" he asked tightening his grip.

"Oh-Uh. I- Cindy." I lied.

"Well Cindy you sure can dance." he smirked.

"Yep. Usually I have two left feet." I managed to let out a nervous laugh.

"I guess not tonight." he said before we stopped dancing.

"Whats wrong?" I asked.

"I wanna show you something." he said leading me outside.

We went outside. He showed me to a secret path that had a bunch of trees blocking its way. Jacob removed the branches out of the way where we saw a lake. The stars were out and the full moonlight reflected off of the water surface. Everything was just perfect. I sat beside him on the concrete bench in the front of the lake.

"Wow. Its beautiful..." I sighed at the breathtaking view.

"I come here to think mostly." he admitted.

"I never thougt Jacob ~the tough football player~ would  have a softside." I smirked.

"How do you know I'm a football player? I dont think I see you around here." he raised an eyebrow.

"I'm new and keep to myself." I tried not to make eye contact.

"Oh."

Soon there was an silence when we both just started smiling and staring at each other for no apparent reason.~ Love is crazy~ Thats when he leaned in and kissed me. I smiled once more.

"So can I see your face? You know I dont want to forget a beautiful face." he added breaking the kiss.

"Uh-My face? I uh-No. I--" Soon I was interrupted by one of Monica's minions who came running. Was she following us? This place was really hard to find.

"Jacob! Come on. Monica is waiting. Its time for the mignight spotlight dance!"  she shouted putting her hands on her hips.

"Midnight? I have to go." I got up and ran as fast as I could dropping my lucky broach behind. I hesitated to pick it up, but left it anyway.

_____________________________________

I ignored Jacob's calling and continued to run. Wow it was hard to run in heels. Poor Cinderella, but she didnt had to run five blocks. I finally reached home and jumped through my window. I could hear the laughing of my dad and Ms.Flora entering the living room. I hurried and took off my prom attire and put on what I had before. I took off most of the make up before going back into the hole that lead to the bathrom. That very second my dad opened the bathroom door.

"Great. You're still hre." he said.

"Whatever. I'm going to bed." I pushed past him and slammed my room door.

I didnt bother to argue tonight. It was too hectic. But that was too close. I stretched out on the bed and started remininscing about the night. It would be so great if Jacob know who I was, but he just couldnt and I wasnt planning on telling him anytime soon so keep quiet. Yes, I'm talking to you if you're reading this. I'm just going to be the mysterious Cindy from now on. Got it?

Thx for reading!. Coment and vote.! will update shortly ~birthday today so wanna live it up now~ update tomorror.