Chapter 9 ~short~

Today started off good, but all ended when there were mysterious rumors going about. Guess what the rumors were about. Cindy. Jacob's mysterious runaway girl. It was the topic of the century. No one knew who she was, but Monica wouldn't rest until she found out and so did Jacob.

Cafeteria........................................

"I can't believe you didn't come to the ball last night, Jamie." Gabby pouted.

"I'm sorry. I just had alot of work to do." I lied.

"You so missed out. Jacob danced with the mysterious Cindy." she wiggled her fingers magically.

"Good for Jacob." I rolled my eyes.

"Aren't you a tiny bit jealous?" she squinted her eyes.

"Nope." I answered popping the 'p'

"Right..." she took a bite out of her pretzel.

"Shut it, Abby! Whoever this stupid girl Cindy is going to pay for dancing with my Jacob." Monica's voice could be heard across the cafeteria.

"Someone is mad.." I whispered to Gabby.

"Yeah. When Cindy left her broach Jacob ditched Monica to run after her but he couldnt find her. When Jacob returned the last dance of the night was over." Gabrielle explained.

"Oh. Wait what broach?" I asked remebering my fallen broach.

"Cindy dropped it when she ran off. Its the only thing Jacob has to remember her by, but some say she goes right to this school." she answered.

"Oh. You think Cindy goes here?" I adjusted my butt in the cafeteria chair.

"I dont know. No one knows, but we only have one cindy who goes here and thats Cindy Michael, but that night she was with Danny Miko so it couldn't have been her." Gabby took another bite of her pretzel.

A couple seconds later Jacob walked by our table, but Gabby stopped him.

"Find Cindyrella yet?" Gabby asked

"No, but I will. Hey Jamie.." he greeted embarrasely.

"Hey." I greeted back trying not to make eye contact.

"I didnt see you at the dance." he added.

"I had better things to do." I lied opening my soda.

"Oh. Well I'll catch you guys later." he waved goodbye before leaving.

I couldn't stay mad at Jacob. Not knowing that we shared such a romantic night, but the guilt was killing me. How long could I keep this up?

_____________________________________

Thx for reading. Send me some feedback#comment and vote.