Chapter 26 *short*

After school Jerry came to pick me up, but I refused to get into the car so I walked home. When I reached home the door was locked and mom had taken my house key. Why? I don't know. I knocked on the door, but mom wasn't home, but I turned around to see Jerry's car.

"Are you following me or something?" I ask staring him coldly in the eyes

"No, your mom isn't coming home until 9 so you're coming to Hashenton with me"

"I'd rather stay with my dad" I rolled my eyes

"He's busy" Jerry opened the passenger side for me.

My heart was telling me no, but my mind was saying ' You just walked eight blocks, get your ass in that car!" so I went with my mind and hopped in. A few minutes later we arrived to Hashenton. Jerry showed me into his familiar office and I took a seat in one of the chairs. I boredly flipped through the pages of some random magaziene while Jerry took phone calls. Soon his ratchet secretary walked in.

"Hey, Jerry. Jamie" she said not looking directly at me.

"I'm going to walk around" I got up and left.

Some students were still walking around, but no sign of Jacob. I'm relieved, but as I was making my way to the bathroom I saw Hailie and two of her friends.

"Jamie! Hey! I'm so glad to see you" she smiled and pulled me over

"What do you want, Hailie!" I yanked my arm from her

"Look. I'm so sorry for trying to ruin your cheer and for Jacob and Tyler" she started to cry

"Are you seriously crying?" I raised an eyebrow

"I'm just such a horrible person sometimes" she sniffed

"She's sorry" one of her friends said

"Okay sure then" I rolled my eyes

"So in order to show my forgiveness I'm having a party saturday. Wanna come?" she asked wiping her tears

I paused.

"Sure" I plastered on a fake smile then walked away.

The devil just invited me to hell and I actually said yes.

_____________________________________