Chapter 19

I sat at the dinner table picking at my plate of food. I was just thinking about Tyler and Jacob. I don't know why I still was thinking about him, but I was. My thoughts were interrupted when my mom came downstairs. She was dressed to kill. She had on a black knee lenght dress, black scarf, some black heels and her hair in a bun with flowers.

"Wow...Mom, where you going?" I asked her.

"Remember Jerry? The guy your Aunt Alice introduced me to."

"Yeah....Wait, don't tell me you two are going out?"

Okay..so time to explain this. Remember when my dad and spanish teacher were dating...Well let me explain this parents thing. My birth mom died when I was little and I have a step mom too. But she dosent live with us because my dad and her aren't together anymore, but they did get married. So now my dad and my spanish teacher are a thing and my step mom is trying dating while mom is somewhere in a grave. I don't understand those two.

"Yes. We are. And tomorow I want you two to bond. To get him to know us better" she smiled, but I didnt.

"He's not my dad. My dad is still alive. I don't need to bond with him just because you're my mom, well step" I mumbled under my breath.

"Oh...Thats right. Your dad is out there dating spanish teachers and I heard that you didn't want to go for dinner with them so you're gonna do this to me too, right?" she planted her hands on her hips.

I nodded

"We'll just see about that"

I kissed her on the forehead and watched through the window as a white lexus pulled up in our yard. Jerry exited the lexus and knocked on the door.

"Its him" she squealed silently.

"Oh joy.." I yawn sarcastically.

She opened the door and Jerry came in. His dark brown hair touching the collar of his tuxedo. He had some dandelion flowers in his hand. I made a puke face as he kissed my mom and handed her the flowers.

"Oh..You must be Jamie" he smiled.

"You must be Jerry" I sit down back at the dinner table.

"Your mom told me alot about you and I wanted to show you around where I work tomorrow. How's about it?"

"No thanks" I folded my arms.

"Jamie..." my mom yanked my arm playfully and pulled me to the side of the room.

"What?" I yelled whisper.

"You're going to bond with Jerry and if not you can kiss your events and dates with your friend and Tyler goodbye" she scolded.

"Fine" I yanked my arm from her and went over to Jerry.

"So..." he waited for my answer.

"I would love too" I plastered on a fake bright smile.

"Good. I'll pick you up tomorrow after school." he said.

"Whatevs." I roll my eyes but then my mom gave me the death glare. "I mean...Sure, I'll be ready" I smiled.

"Okay. Jamie, we'll be back by 10" my mom kissed my forehead and then they left.

"Parents.." I groan to myself and I stomp off upstairs.

The Next Day...................................

"Hey, Jamie!" I meet eyes with Jordan and Gabrielle.

"Hey, guys" I yawn.

"Sleepy?" Gabrielle asked.

"Yeah...I was up thinking about my mom, dad, Tyler, Jacob.." I say but not too loud.