Chapter 3

Darry's P.O.V
After chasing Two-Bit for what seemed like hours, I managed to tackle him to the ground, getting him into a headlock. He struggled a bit, laughing with each twist and turn he made. I couldn't help but laugh myself, and finally let go of him. His breathing was heavy, but it later calmed down. "That's what you get for taking the cake!" I blurted out and gently pushed Two-Bit. "Can't help it. You make some good cake." He laughed, and pushed past me, towards the house again. "Hey Two-Bit!" I came up beside him, and he looked at me, "What'd ya do with the cake? I didn't even get to try some!" Two-Bit froze a bit, then a wide smirk grew on his face. "It's somewhere safe now." He gently patted his stomach with both his hands and chuckled. "If you want some, I can puke it up." I shook my head, "I'm fine. Chocolate cake can only be good once." Smiling, I ran up ahead of him, and raced him to the house, beating him by a couple of seconds. "You got a head start! If you hadn't, I would've beat you." "Sure." He hissed a bit and sat down on the ground, not even attempting to sit on the couch. The T.V. flickered a bit as he turned it on, and there he went, watching Mickey Mouse with a beer pulled up to his mouth, just slurping it down.

Your P.O.V
I began to wonder who Darry was, since I haven't really met him yet. Steve and Soda were talking to each other, and there I was, zoning out. My vision caved in on me and everything went black, and I was sure of it that this was about the 5th time today that I've zoned out. I usually zone out often, but not long enough to get a good image of what I was thinking about. I felt my heart speed up, and pump faster with each breath I took. I was shaken back to life by Steve, and he looked the same as usual. "Zoning out I see." He smiled, and I had to smile back, trying to maintain my laughter. "You know it!" Steve chuckled, and so did Soda, who was still sitting beside Steve, his arm around Steve's shoulder and hanging down beside mine. We finally lost our humor and everything went quiet, so without thinking, each of us got up, and began walking side by side. I looked over at Steve, noticing Soda's arm had been removed and was dangling by his side. "I never asked this yet, but are you a Greaser or Socs?" Soda said to me, Steve just listening in on our conversations. I shrugged, "I'm just a human." I quietly spoke, but was loud enough for them to hear. "Huh." Steve said, and it got quiet again.

Steve's P.O.V
We headed back to the Curtis' place, making it there just in time as it began to rain outside. I slammed the door shut and got comfortable on the couch, Y/N sitting beside me, and Soda searching for a beer. I pulled out a weed, offering one to Y/N, but they declined. I lit it and took one puff, and all was silent. "Hey Two-Bit, got any cake left?" Soda asked and sat down next to Two-Bit, uncapping the beer and almost chugging it down. I decided to take one more puff before putting the weed out. "Gotta wait 'til I vomit, then you can have some." Two-Bit chuckled and took another sip of his beer, still paying close attention to the T.V. "You can keep the cake then." Soda roughly said, then cleared his throat, only to take another sip of his beer. Y/N was alps watching the T.V., and it seemed to me that they were enjoying it. "Has anyone seen Ponyboy or Johnny?" Darry peeked around the corner, his shirt folded up in his arms and a towel around his waist. "I don't want them gettin' sick." He walked back to the bathroom, leaving us to decide who should go get them.

Soda's P.O.V
My hand immediately shot up, and I excitedly pointed out that I would get them. "No worries, I've got this!" I rushed to my feet and out the door, grabbing a jacket before heading out. "Ponyboy, Johnny! Time to come back! We don't need no vomit or fevers here!" I was already rushing myself to the Vacant Lot, and began looking around when I got there. I spotted them curled up together, their arms wrapped around each other's shoulders, and their heads clashed together. Quickly, I ran over to them, hoisting them up and offering my jacket to the both of them. Johnny denied at first, but Ponyboy glad fully took it, wrapping it around Johnny. Johnny looked at him and smiled, and I was getting real impatient. "No time for flirting, we have to head back before it gets bad out here!" Ponyboy's ears reddened, as well as his whole face, and I shoved them forwards. "Come on!" The rain coated my hair, and I just wanted to get out of it.

We made it back to the house, the rain hitting my shirt and pelting down off of it. I fell in, Ponyboy and Johnny managing to help me up. "Thanks." I grabbed something nearby to wipe myself off. My hair was wet, coated with little pellets of rain. Steve and Y/N were still in the same position, but Two-Bit was laying against the couch, a beer in his hand and his shirt was completely removed, stuffed under his arm.

Heya! Since I've said the words "Hell" and "Damn"... Well I'm uh... Sorry if you guys don't like me "swearing" like that. If ya guys don't, then just tell me, and I'll take care of my little problem! :)
I hope you guys are enjoying my story! And yeah... I just reached 1000 words. I'm proud of myself! Byeeeeeee! 😎