Chapter 9

Soda's P.O.V
I couldn't explain the feeling I was having, and it made me go through so much, just to get nowhere except to an empty solution for a question less problem. I was grieving too much, and couldn't help but stand by Pony's grave. Noises always came from it, and I felt like I was reconnecting with him, but being dead, I realized I must've been going insane. I sat there, starved myself, didn't move for days. I weakened, yet nobody came to save me. They knew that I needed time to be alone, since I had to take on this challenge of losing someone close. Where could I be going? What path would I be taking? I couldn't believe what I was doing. The shovel placed in my hand was a bit rusty, and I gave it a tight grip of reassurance as I planted it into the ground. Ponyboy wasn't dead, I just had to believe that he was alive. I kept on digging, pushing the shovel in farther and farther down as it came back up with boatloads of dirt.

Ponyboy's P.O.V
I felt the ground rumble and shake before me, and a dim light approached me as I lay there. I gave up. Nobody would hear me. I couldn't do anything except lay there and act dead. What was I seeing? I suddenly felt as if I was being lifted up, perhaps I was flying, maybe this was Heaven. It depends, really. But this didn't feel right, and this couldn't be Heaven. No, it wasn't Heaven. Something, someone, was saving me. Unburying me. I couldn't feel more excited, and I squirmed around a bit, shaking my head as if this was all an illusion. The bright light had not been Heaven, it was daylight, the sweet smell brushed around my nose, and I realized only then, I wasn't flying. Someone knew, believed, thought that I was alive, and there they were, helping me out of this living Hell. I had compared myself as to dead earlier, but I felt more alive.

The light awoken me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here's this chapter for everyone out there. Pretty short, I know, but this is a little bit of my apology in one chapter. I'm sorry if there are anymore gaps, ones where I don't even write, but times have been rough on me. I hope you all are enjoying this story, and I thank you for over 200 reads. More than I would've expected! I'm so thankful! Have a great day! -OrangePeelings :)