chapter 10

I put on a SnapBack and my sweater because it was kind of chilly out tonight. I grabbed my grey Converse and slipped them on. I quietly sneeked out the front door and headed towards the park. I got there at nine forty-five so I went on the swings. About ten minutes later Brent arrived. My heart started to beat faster. I really hoped he wanted to ask me out. "Hey," I said casually as he sat on the swing next to me. "Hey," he said back. "So what do you have to tell me?" I asked. He looked into my eyes. He leaned in and started to kiss me but I pulled away. "Why don't you want to kiss me?" Brent asked furious. "I'm sorry," I started saying tearing up," I don't think you can love me with all these other offers coming from other girls. If you get tired one day you can easily move to another girl. Why would you choose me?" Brent wiped away a tear on my face and looked at me. "You're beautiful. When I saw you that first day at Jenny's I was in love. I never had that feeling for Megan ever. I love you."

I was so happy. Brent did love me the way I loved him. I smiled and kissed him. We moved our lips together in sync. Brent licked my lips asking for entrance to my mouth and I granted it. We kissed for about ten minutes when I stopped. "There's something else I have to tell you," I said. "What's that," Brent said. "The reason I never told you about how I felt and why I never kissed you before was because of my only boyfriend I've ever had." "I thought you said you never had a boyfriend?" Brent asked. "I did for I didn't want to talk about him." "What happened?" Brent asked. I looked down. "It was my fifteenth birthday and Josh and I had been dating for three months. I thought he loved me for he always told me he did. He was a singer and was getting quite famous. The fame got to him and he decided to hook up with every girl behind my back. My best friend, Jules, finally told me what was going on so I yelled at Josh. He smacked me across the face and he told me he didn't love me and never did. He said I was worthless and was just getting in the way. I went home and cried for weeks. I avoided him at all costs at school. He started to make out with girls right in front of me to make me feel even worse. Brent you are more famous than Josh. I was afraid you would do the same to me but worse." I started to cry and Brent hugged me and looked me in the eyes. "Sydney, I would never hurt you," Brent said seriously. I smiled. "I know that now, and I can trust you." He leaned in and kissed me again. I just feel so right with Brent.

We stopped again and he bent down on one knee under me. I giggled. "I love you Brent, but this is too fast," I said still giggling. "I'm not proposing silly. I wanted it asked you if you would do me the honor of being my girlfriend.'' he held up a small box which had a necklace in it that had a heart and said S+B. I smiled and hugged him. "Of course." He smiled and took the necklace out and put it on me.

"What time is it?" I asked. "Eleven," Brent said looking at his watch. ''We should get going," I said. We stood up and walked home together. When we got to my porch Brent kissed me on the cheek. "I'll see you tomorrow," he said. I hugged him and quietly opened the door and went up to my room. I tried to fall asleep, but I couldn't. I had a boyfriend who I loved and who loved me.

***

I was coming out of church when I got a text from Brent. Going on a date tonight. Meet me outside of your house at seven. I smiled as I got into the car. He was so sweet. I got home and went straight to my closet.

Sydney: hey where are we going 2nite?

Brent: surprise

Sydney: can you at least tell me casual or formal

Brent: comfy casual and that's it:)

Sydney: c u @ 7

Since it was comfy casual I decided to wear a pair of yoga pants and a crop top both from Pink. I slipped on the outfit and decided to take a nap since I did not sleep that much last night.

***

I slept a very long time since I woke up at 7:02. I quickly grabbed my bag, slipped on my sandals, and ran out the door. I told my mom I was going on a date with Brent and she was so excited. I went out and saw Brent waiting in his car. "Sorry I'm late," I said looking at my watch to see that I got out of the house at 7:05. "It's fine," Brent said and smiled. He opened my door and I hopped in and buckled my seatbelt. We drove for about two minutes and came to a little park. When we got out Brent looked at me and began to speak. "You look beautiful," he said. "Thanks." "Ok, so what I have planned is a surprise so I'm going to blindfold you." "Ok," I said weirdly. He put it on and guided me. We walked for about five minutes till we came to a stop. Brent untied the blindfold to reveal a blanket with a picnic basket on it. All of the trees had lights wrapped around them and it was so perfect. "Oh Brent, it's wonderful," I said and kissed him. We kissed for a moment and then went to sit down and eat. "So what do you got?" I asked. He pulled out two sandwiches and handed me one. He then pulled out a bag of chips and two Sprites. We ate and drank for a few minutes then Brent got out something. "This is for you," Brent said. He pulled out a necklace and put it on me. He was so sweet. "Brent, you already gave me something," I said. "I know but I wanted to give you two necklaces for you are twice as good as any girl I've ever dated." I blushed and leaned in and kissed Brent again. We laid down together on the blanket and watched the stars. The last thing I remembered was falling asleep cuddling in Brent's arms.