chapter 15

Today was my birthday. I was sixteen! My mom's friend surprised me by letting me use her mansion for the party. Everyone around here had huge homes. It's about three in the afternoon and the party starts at eight. Ash and I were at the mansion to decorate. "So how are you and Brent?" Ash asked wiggling her eyebrows. "Good, he's so sweet," I said. "What about you and Cam?" I asked. "Good," she said. Ash and I blew up about a million balloons, put up some streamers, and got all the food ready. By the time we finished it was six. We went over to my house to get ready. I was wearing a tight royal blue dress with a silver strap. I was also wearing silver high heels and some hoop earrings. I had both the necklaces on that Brent gave me. Ash got dressed for she had all her stuff at my house because she was sleeping over after the party. Ash did my makeup and curled my hair. We went downstairs and headed out the door. Brent had on a nice dress shirt and kakis and a SnapBack. He handed me a rose and kissed me on the cheek. "Happy birthday babe," he said. He opened the car door for Ash and me and we got in. He was driving us to the mansion for I had to wait another week for my license. We arrived at 7:45 so we just sat around and ate. Brent got the stereo to work so he began to blast music. He grabbed my hands and started to dance funny with me. We goofed off till we heard the doorbell ring. We opened the door and people began to flood in. Cameron walked in with Nathan and Jack so we walked over to them. "Happy birthday," they all said and handed me a gift. "It's from all of us," Jack said. I opened up the bag to find another bag. I opened up that bag to find a box. I opened up the box to find another box. I opened that box and finally I found a Chipotle gift card of fifty bucks. It was my favorite place to eat. "Thanks guys," I said then hugged each guy. Ash gave me a phone case with my name bedazzled on it. A table began to get piled up with gifts for me.

I was laughing at a joke Brent told me when Sam walked in. I got angry but ignored her. Brent could tell I was mad so he put his hand on mine. "I still haven't given you my gift yet," he said . Brent pulled out a bag from under the table. I opened it to find a scrapbook with all of our pictures in it from the day we started to hang out. "My sister helped me a lot because I'm not creative," Brent said. I loved it. I flipped through all the pages and memories flooded back. I smiled and kissed him on the lips. "I have one more gift," he said. Brent took my hand and led me outside. "Look up in the sky," he said. I looked but only saw stars. I gave Brent a confused look. "Just keep looking," he said sweetly. A few seconds later fireworks began to go off. They were so pretty. One even spelled out happy birthday. I hugged Brent. Who could ever ask for a better boyfriend.

Brent P.O.V.

Sydney went off and talked with everyone at the party. I was so glad she like the gifts. I stood by the punch table and was playing on my phone when Sam came over. "Hey baby," she said. "I'm not your baby," I replied. I walked off and decided to explore the mansion. I walked up the stairs and into a bedroom. It was huge and the furniture looked really expensive. I picked up an old looking clock when Sam came up behind me. She looked me in the eyes and then at my lips. I tried to back away but I was against the wall. Right when I was about to make a run for it she crashed her lips onto mine. Like a dumb idiot, I kissed back. She ripped off my shirt and then hers. We continued to kiss when I heard the door open. It was Sydney. "And after you said you loved me," she whispered for she was beginning to cry. She ripped off the necklaces I gave her and ran out of the room. What an idiot I was! I gave up the love of my life for some slut. What if she never took me back? I ran after her calling her name. She ignored me and ran out the door. She stopped and began to text someone. I was about to put my hand on her shoulder when she turned around and yelled at me. Her face was all red and tears were running down her face. "How could you!" she screamed. "You said you loved me. You are a liar! And after I trusted you! You did exactly what my old boyfriend did!" I felt terrible and tried to explain but Sydney cut me off. "Save it," she said and went back inside. It was around twelve and most people had left. Cameron, Nathan, Ash, and Jack were the only ones left. Sydney ran quickly up the stairs and Ash followed. Ash turned around and gave me a dirty look. I felt just awful.

"What did you do dude," Jack asked. I didn't want to talk about it so I began to clean up. The guys helped and we were done in half and hour. Sydney and Ash still hadn't come downstairs. I went back into the bedroom I was in and picked up the two necklaces. A tear dropped from my eye. I knew Sydney loved me as long as she wore them, but they were now in my hand and probably would never return around Sydney's neck.

Sydney P.O.V.

"I thought he really loved me," I cried into Ash's shoulder. I had been crying for about an hour now. "Don't let that jerk ruin your birthday. Let's go back to your house and watch a movie while we eat tubs of ice cream." Ash was right. I stood up and called my mom to pick me up. I went downstairs and everyone was gone. My mom came in and helped me bring out the presents I received to the car.

We got home and I brought my gifts up to my room. I planned on opening them tomorrow. I took a shower and hopped in bed. Ash brought me some ice cream and sat down in my beanbag chair. She turned on the TV and found The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. We watched for a while and came to the part where Kostos and Lena are dancing. "Lena, I love you," Kostos says. "Liar," I screamed at the TV. I began to cry again. My mom had asked me why my face was all red when she got me from the party and I just said I was feeling sick and had a running nose which always made my face look red. "Just relax," Ash started nicely,"I have known Brent for a while and I don't think he would do this on purpose. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he really does love you. You should give him another chance." I was mad now. "Another chance! Another chance! Are you really serious now! I saw him kissing another girl! His and her shirt were off! He broke my heart and you think I should run back to him?" I then put my ice cream back in my freezer and crawled in bed not saying another word to Ash.

****Author's note: So ya. I have been meaning to get this chapter done for a while. Thanks for all the support and all the reads. Comment if you have any ideas. xoxo