chapter 16

Brent P.O.V.

I am such an idiot. What do I do? I called Jack. "Yo, what's up,'' he said when he answered. "Jack. Listen. Sydney saw me kissing Sam at her party and broke up with me. How do I get her back?" I asked. "You did what?" Jack replied. "Just tell me how to get her back.'' Jack paused for a minute and then answered. "Sydney probably won't take you back if you just ask her, so you need to make her jealous. She will be so jealous that she will practically be begging for you to take her back." "Jack, you are a genius, but how do I make her so jealous?" "Dude, date Sam. Sydney will be so mad that you got back with Sam that she will try to make you take her back." I thought for a minute. "I don't know,'' I started," I don't have feelings for Sam anymore and never as great as mine for Sydney's. What if Sydney just gets more sad and hates me to where we can't even be friends." "Trust me Brent. It works." "Ok," I simply said and hung up.

I then dialed Sam's number. She had put about a million sticky notes in my locker with it on it. "Hey Sam," I said. "Hey Brent." "Do you want to hang out at my place tomorrow?" I asked painfully. "Of course. See you tomorrow." Tomorrow was Sunday and my parents and sister went shopping for groceries and sometimes clothes. Brice usually hangs out at a friends house leaving me alone. I would bring Sam up to my room and open my window so Sydney could see through making her jealous. This plan was great!

Sydney P.O.V.

Today was Sunday. I woke up at around nine. I looked over at my desk and saw the picture of Brent and me. I got up and threw it in the trash. I went over to my message board and ripped off all the pictures of us. I then went over to my bed and grabbed the stuff animal Brent won me and three that in the trash. I sat back in bed and cried.

I heard a knock at the door and Ash walked in. "How are you today?" She asked. I felt so bad because I yelled at her when she slept over Friday night. "Ash I'm sorry," she cut me off. "It's fine. I know you were upset. Don't worry, I bet Brent is still in bed crying too. Now go take a shower and brush your teeth, you stink." I laughed and went into my bathroom. I hadn't showered since Friday. I got showered and dressed and wash my face. I brushed my teeth and put my hair in a pony tail. I didn't bother putting on makeup. When I came out of my bathroom I saw Ash staring out my window looking into Brent's room. When she heard me walk in she got up and walked towards my desk.

"What were you looking at?" I asked walking over to my window. "Nothing, let's go long-boarding," she said grabbing my hand and walking with me toward the door. I let go and ran over to my window. I started to cry. Brent was making out with Sam. I then looked at her neck and she was wearing the two necklaces Brent gave me. "How could he," I said and ran out of the house. I grabbed my longboard and went to the community park. I sat on the swing I was on when Brent asked me out. In a minute Ash was sitting next to me. "I locked the house and grabbed some cash from my wallet. Let's go get some food. Forget about Brent. Teen Vogue says one of the best ways to get over a broken heart is to go boyfriend shopping. By doing this you can make Brent jealous and come crawling back to you asking for forgiveness." Ash was right. What did I have to lose. I wiped the tears off my face and stood up. "Let's go," I said.

"I can't do this'" I said as we walked into Jenny's. "I am not ready to date right away. Plus, I am not going to get hurt again." We sat down at a table. "Fine, but you cannot run from guys forever. One day you will meet your soul mate that you will have to marry," Ash said as she flipped through a menu. I thought I already had met my soul mate, but I guess I was wrong.

Bret P.O.V.

I waked with Sam down to Jenny's. I was so hungry for it was three in the afternoon now and I had not had anything to eat for the day. we walked in and sat down in a both. I looked through a menu when I heard a girl laugh across the diner. She sounded just like Sydney. A tear dropped from my eye. I looked over at the table where she was sitting. It was Sydney. She seemed so happy talking with Ash. She had no makeup on making her even prettier looking. I stared at her for a minute when I felt someone tap my shoulder. "Are you going to order?'" a waitress said. I quickly said what I wanted and she walked away. "Why are you staring at her? You are dating me now," Sam said annoyed. "Sorry baby, I'm done with her. I was not staring." "Good, now can we go shopping after lunch for my Spring Fling dress?'' Sam said. I had totally forgotten about that dance. I had bought two tickets, but one was for Sydney, not Sam. I was going to give it to her when I walked her to her doorstep after driving her home after her party, but that did not go so well. The waitress came out with the food and we began to eat. I glanced over at Sydney and she was staring at me. I saw tears fill her eyes. Sam and I finished our food and I decided this would be the perfect time to make Sydney jealous. We stood up and I paid and then I brushed Sam's hair out of her face. I glanced quickly over at Sydney to make sure she was watching and then I crashed my lips against Sam's. We kissed for a minute then Sam pulled away. Sydney then ran by us to the bathroom. She looked at me as she passed and I could see hurt in her eyes. "What a loser," Sam said and then went back to kissing me. I pulled away. "No she is not! I love her and not you. I just went out with you to make her jealous. What a dumb mistake. I just made her feel like I did not love her. We are through, go find  guy who actually loves you." I felt terrible for yelling at Sam but she deserved it.

****Author's note: Hey hoped you liked the chapter. Thanks for all the reads. Also a big thank you to graceclavel for the chapter idea. I was planning on doing something like this and it is a great idea. Sorry if there is any grammar errors in this chapter. I have a lot of hw but I wanted to upload for you guys. Keep reading and comment if you have any ideas for I will probably put them in. xoxo