chapter 23

I woke up the next morning frustrated with myself. I didn't know what to do with everything going on so I decided it would be good if just took a ride to Jenny's for breakfast. I grabbed ten dollars and pulled my hair into a pony tail. I put on some shorts and a regular t shirt. I grabbed a pair of vans and also put on a SnapBack. I decided to wear no makeup for I had no one to impress. I went downstairs and told my mom where I was going. I got in my mom's car and drove down to the diner.

I sat down at a booth and I looked through the menu. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a girl crying at another booth. I turned around to see it was Megan. I saw her sometimes in the hall but she never acknowledged me. I really didn't want to talk to her but I got up to see what was wrong. "Hey," I said. "What do you want," she cried. "Listen, I know we are not the best of friends but I just wanted to see what was wrong," I said calmly and quickly. She just began to sob. "My boyfriend broke up with me, and not in person. He just texted me and told me I was a waste of his time. I can't believe he would do this. Only a jerk would say those things," she said. "You know you did the same thing to Brent," I said. She stopped crying for a minute. "Oh my, I did. I am such a jerk. I must of made him feel terrible. Can you tell him I am truly sorry?" Megan said. I couldn't believe she was being nice. "I would but we aren't dating anymore. He found someone better." "What!" Megan yelled. "Your so pretty he would have to be an idiot to stop dating you. The reason I was mean to you was because I was jealous. You were so nice and Brent fell in love with you. That day at the diner I saw something in his eyes. He has never looked at a girl like that, not even me," Megan sniffled. She really wasn't that bad of a person. "Listen, I have to go but thank you so much. You really made me feel better. I hope you and Brent can get back together. You guys are meant for each other. See you around," Megan said and left. I went back to my table and ordered. I thought about what she said. Were we really meant for each other? I guess she was right. I just had to get back with Brent, but how? I can't do anything as long as he is with Sam.

**** Author's note: Hey guys. Thanks for getting me to 1.2k! It really means a lot to me. Luv u all. Xoxo