Always room for one more

There was always room for one more when it came to your mother, her kindness seemed to know no bounds. It was something you found commendable and aggravating at the same time, just because you liked to help out too didn't mean you were ok with offering your home at the drop of a hat.

At the moment you were clearing the way up a small closet that was filled with junk, it honestly was the kind of closet you could throw anything in and never find again. You mother wanted you to clear it out so it could be made into a small bedroom for Ayato, though he was going to out grow it real soon. He was around eleven or twelve years old judging by his size, but you hardly expected this to be a permanent arrangement.

Touka was downstairs talking to her brother, since they both needed to adjust from what happened. You honestly were having trouble imagining what you would do in their situation, guess you were all fortunate for Mr Yoshimura.

You wanted to offer a supportive hand to them, but everything you said seemed to come out in the worst possible way. You'd never been good with people, it just was in your nature to be an introvert. For the most part you were fine around close friends and family, but it was incredibly hard to sustain any kind of meaningful relationship of any kind.

You again had your blue headphones on, listening to your music as usual while you worked. It was annoying and mundane, since you were emptying clothes, old toys and things that could only be classified as "just stuff."

Turns out that there was an old camping bed stashed away in there, it'd fit perfectly. It took an hour over all to sort everything, in that time you'd filled five large bin backs with various items. One was for toys, possibly Hinami would like them. Another was for anything you weren't sure about, two were just clothes and the last was rubbish. After unfolding the camp bed you found two pillows and a spare quilt to cover it.

"Hey Ayato! Can I borrow you for a second?" You called to the younger ghoul, wanting to see if he approved of his new room. He was up in two seconds, Touka following not far behind him. Clearly she didn't trust you, something you couldn't help but be a bit relieved for. You didn't like idiots, if she came in to a new house and new people openly it would have irritated you.

"It's great thanks." Ayato sounded grateful and appreciative as he slipped into his new bed, testing it out. You seemed to like it, sinking comfortably into it. "Thank you (Y/N)."

"Don't mention it, you need anything just ask. Want anything else? Cup of coffee maybe?" You offered, at first Touka looked like she was going to decline. Then she remembered how nice your coffee was and accepted reluctantly while Ayato nodded enthusiastically. You smirked and headed downstairs, turning on the kettle and waiting for it to boil. "So, how did you guys find Anteiku?"

Touka narrowed her eyes suspiciously for a moment, but then realised there was no harm in your question. "Mr. Yomo, he found us and not long after the manager came. He talked me into thinking it was safe, so we'll see won't we?" She stated coldly.

"The manager is a good man, we'd have been left in some bad situations without him. Grandpa is the only person I've ever heard of that actively takes in ghouls, it's what he does. Taking in the lost and fixing the broken, as long as you stay you'll be alright." You told them.

"He's your grandpa? Guess it makes sense."

"He's not my grandpa, truth is he's more like a father in all honesty. It's just I've known him since I was young, one day I called him grandpa and the name stuck that's all." You shrugged, getting your tea bag out for yourself as the gentle finished boiling. You quickly made another cup of near perfect coffee, handing it over to the siblings. "Enjoy."