The zodiac

You yawned widely sucking in air as if to swallow a person whole, your insomnia was getting worse leaving you more and more unable to fight off sleep during the day. Oddly enough though, you were no more sluggish then you usually were. You were able to go about your day easily enough as before, it was nearly impossible to stay away once you sat down though.

"(Y/N) Your not falling to sleep are you?" Shinsetsu asked hovering over you in her uniform, you and Touka had arrived early for your shift so you were sitting at Anteiku for the next few minutes while you waited for the shift to begin.

"No no, not at all." You told her with black eyes, she probably didn't believe you at all. "I'll have a cup of caffeine please."

"You mean coffee?" Shinsetsu asked raising an eyebrow.

"I know what I said, just skip the coffee and give me pure caffeine."

"Listen son." She told you cocking her hips and putting one hand on her hip authoritatively. "Just cause your girlfriend is here doesn't mean I won't teach you a lesson."

"Coffee mother, now! Come on now chop chop!" You clapped your hands together while bossing her around, much to her displeasure. Touka smirked as she walked off.

"She really can't help bringing it up can she?" Touka mentioned, she had a point after all. Ever since your mother had learned you were seeing each other, she brought it up at every opportunity for a week. It was getting beyond annoying at this point and becoming some infuriating, especially since everyone in your life kept talking about it.

It wasn't like you wanted to keep it a secret or anything, honestly you couldn't care less what people thought as per usual. You'd gone about your day like any other, yet Shinsetsu had made it her personal mission to inform apparently the whole of Tokyo that you had a girlfriend.

"Honestly I'm considering killing her at this point." You joked while looking around Anteiku, seemed it wasn't particularly busy today. It usually wasn't though around this time of day, since your shift patterns changed to accustom to the work pattern of most people. Shinsetsu finished just after the schools finished where upon you and Touka would take over for the rush of people looking for a drink before heading home.

Your relationship with Touka had been good, really good. You both enjoyed a lot of time together, talking about anything from the smallest of topics to the deepest of conversations. It was weird for you to care so much about such mundane things, yet you could sit and discuss them with Touka where as before you'd blow it off. You were the first to admit it as cliché, but Touka really was changing you for the better.

Of course it was a slow process, evidence by your rude behaviour towards your mother. Then again you were tired and she had been irritating you for a while now, then again it was just your way of blowing off steam.

"Aunty Shinsetsu!" Came a young girlish cry, one you were very familiar with. Looking over your shoulder towards the front door you saw a young brunette girl with shoulder length hair of around ten years old, behind her was a tall woman with the same hair colour and a happy smile as she watched her daughter run towards your mother.

"Hinami!" Shinsetsu greeted her happily, crouching down to hug the youngster. Your mother and Ryouko went back a long time you knew, though you were shady on the details as it really didn't bother you most of the time. Behind them an intelligent looking man entered, this was the patriarch of the family Asaki.

"Good evening Shinsetsu, we were in the neighbourhood and we thought we'd drop by and see you. We hope it isn't an inconvenience." Askai spoke politely but warmly, smiling as he put an arm around his wife.