Back off!

You were working at Anteiku with Touka, testing her coffee. It was delicious, evidently her practise and commitment had paid off. "Thanks good, real good." You complimented her, she gave a shy smile.

"Thanks, glad you think so."

"You won't be when your trying to make five at once when we're busy, then again no one likes that." You leaned back and checked your phone, seeing if there was anything on the news. You'd been following the CCG closely, looking for any progress on Toukas case. Nothing yet it seemed, with any luck you managed to throw them off the scent. Yomo had been going out and checking around on things, but you were dealing with issues closer to home.

Recently, two stronger ghouls had moved into the twentieth ward. The gourmet and the binge eater, two ghouls who relished in flesh far more then necessary. The Gourmet was supposedly already picking up captives to serve up in whatever perverted manner, while the binge eater was supposedly eating dozens of people at a time. Having never tasted fresh meat yourself you couldn't commentate on it, but you were concerned how much attention it was gaining.

Not to mention Anteiku was in the centre of her killing ground, as well as your house. It had you worried for your mother, still it drew the doves attention away from your house guests. Your phone rang suddenly getting your attention, it was your mother calling.

"Hey honey it's just me." She said sweetly. "Ayato wants to..."

"He wants to hook the Xbox up stairs against doesn't he?" You scolded since he did this everyday, he wanted to play on the Xbox downstairs since it had a bigger tv. But when Shinsetsu came home and wanted to watch television he had to move back up stairs, problem was he didn't know how. "Just put him on the phone."

"Ok, but try and be nice." She told you, with no actual intention of being gentle.

"Hello, its Ayato." He said on the phone.

"Ayato this is the last time I'm going to help you, I've already told you everyday for two weeks."

"I know I know, I'm sorry. I promise it's last time I'll bother you." You signed feeling tired today.

"Fine, the big plug with the massive box on the cable is the power supply. That'll fit  into  main socket in the wall, as well as the larger one in the Xbox. Then there's the small HDMI cable, that fits from the back of Xbox to the tv. They'll be exactly the same in both ends, so just slip them in to where they fit. Then there's a little white cable that's already plugged into the walls, that's your internet connect. That fits into the smallest  socket in the console."

"So, the power supply goes..."

"Big plug goes in big socket, it's not that hard!" You yelled hanging up, you cracked your neck tensely. Touka looked up slightly, though said nothing. She still had that dead fish look in her eyes, the coldness that sounded like she didn't much care for anyone. You had to admit, you weren't opposed to it. The two of you had formed a unspoken truce, neither of you formed much unnecessary conversation. She'd ask any questions she had regarding work, but mostly you both kept to yourself. Living with her under your roof had been pleasant enough, but you still refused to form any kind of friendship. It just wasn't in your nature.

You looked her figure for a moment, since you couldn't deny she was attractive. You were fifteen after all, you had certain desires. Course you never acted in them, you thought about it as you traced your finger in a figure of eight against the counter. What did you have in life exactly? You never had any friends, never really had anything that you enjoyed in life. To you it was all just, existence. You shook away the thought, thinking of something else.