Stay close to me

"(Y/N)." Ayato gasped, looking up at you. You placed yourself between the two pairs of investigators, pushing the younger ghoul back so he wasn't directly in the middle. The human child took a step back, a mix of fear and excitement on his face.

You'd been sitting at home when an uneasy feeling sat over you, one you couldn't shake. Instinct told you that something was amiss, so you went for a walk. You'd seen the two doves step out the car and give chase to someone, but you didn't see who. You followed since you knew that Ayato and Touka were still being investigated, you were glad you did since it turned out to be Ayato.

You didn't know what he was doing out of school, but that didn't matter now. You'd seen him use his Kagune and the dove blocking the crystals with ease, Ayato was done for without help.

You blocked the execution at the last possible second, you lashed out with your ownn Kagune aiming for his throat, but he dodged backwards so you only hit his jawline.

"Ayato, stay behind me." You told him. "And whatever you do, don't run off." The odds were against you here, you'd only once ever fought. That had been a ghoul who attacked Ryoko, but these were four well trained, well armed investigators. Added to that, they'd all seen Ayato face, as well as your own. Now not only yours, but Toukas and Shinsetsus life depended on the outcome, to avoid more CCG coming after them, you were going to have to kill all four of the investigators, as well as the kid.

No easy feat.

"I'm sorry." Ayato said miserably, looking defeated.

"Don't worry about it, at least I'm not going to have to tell your sister I kicked you out if things go south." The investigators clenched their weapons harder, changing their body language. "Oh I see, not so confident when someone who isn't a little kid stands in your way? Pathetic, four on one just to kill one child, this is going to be easy. You there." You said pointed at the child. "Your just the age I like, nice and tender."

The fathers eyes narrowed, anger taking over him. He twisted his spear, causing it to extend and become a full halbert. As bad as it looked, this was the desired effect. You wanted him angry, you needed him to let rage cloud his vision. Angry men don't think, and stupid men ended up dead.

He charged, despite his comrade warning him otherwise. Come on! You thought to yourself, waiting for him to come on range. Your Kagune pulled back slightly, preparing to suddenly lunge forward and stab him.

The two behind you, the ones with the axe and axe and fist, charged as well. You noticed just in time, kicking Ayato in the chest to push him back. Your Kagune span around, knocking the fist into the axe user. The investigator went flying back, while his comrade didn't know what to do. The father sent a series of swings and stabs at you, which encouraged the fist guy to start punching at you.

You were a blur on your feet, using your Ukaku blood to dart around the attacks. Your Kagune did a sweeping attack, knocking them both off their feet. Just as you were about to stab at them, the guy with the large sword swung, almost cutting you in half of you hadn't ducked under, giving you a clear shot at his unprotected gut.

You struck at him, only to have to be blocked by the fist. The dove with the axe threw it, burying it in your back between your shoulder blades. You have a cry of pain, only to have it cut off when he ripped it out your back. You knew he had to be close when he did that, so you ducked to avoid a decapitating blow.

You were in a bad way, you'd been stabbed in the back now you were surrounded by all of them. You needed to get some room, which would let you dodge and jump around more. You arced your Kagune around Like a helicopter blade, forcing the investigators back. Time you went on the offensive, the man behind you was on his own, since his friends were all in front of you.