10- Girls gotta stick together

"Cool place. I like it already." I commented as I walked through the doors of the Mad Hatter diner.

It all seemed very old fashioned, with its checkered floors and a jukebox in the corner, but I thought it looked nice. And the food. Smelled. FANTASTIC. Or maybe that's just my starving self talking...

"Hey, there she- ah, ah, ACHOO!" I looked over to see Jordan sniffling. "Is."

I walked over to the booth that held Jordan, Declan, Bennett and Naomi and took a seat.

"I see you got out of work." Naomi grinned.

"Yep. My boss and I and good friends, so he let me go early."

I looked over at Jordan to see him making weird faces. He was scrunching up his nose, blinking repeatedly and his chest was slowly rising until- he just stopped.

"UHHHHGGG! I hate it when you have to sneeze and it doesn't come out!" Jordan cried, "It just feels weird and makes you look stupid."

"You always look stupid Jordan. What's your point?" Declan pointed out, earning a glare from Jordan.

"So, your still sick then?" I asked Jordan and he nodded in reply. "Shouldn't you be at home resting or something?"

"It's not that bad. I figured I'd be fine." Jordan shrugged.

"Still, it's just going to get worse if you don't stay at home."

Jordan put a hand to his heart and feigned hurt, "Are you saying... You don't want me here?"

I opened my mouth to answer but Declan beat me to it. "Nope. We don't. Or, I don't. And Alexa's right. You should be at home with your mama making you some chicken noodle soup." Declan stated before coughing, "Mama's boy!"

"Like your any less of one! Besides, my moms soup would probably kill me instead of make me feel better. And you've got a little sis on the way. Hope it doesn't turn big, mean Declan soft." Jordan cooed resulting in a punch in the arm from Declan. Jordan brought his hand back to punch Declan but I quickly joined in to avoid World War Three.

"Wait... So... Little sis? Are you going to explain that to me?" I questioned Declan.

He just shrugged and replied, "There's nothing much to explain. It's pretty self explanatory. I'm going to be an older brother soon." He tried to say it coolly, but I noticed the sparkle in his eye and the small smile that tugged at his lips as the words left his mouth.

I grinned back at him and said, "Congratulations Declan, that's really great."

"Thanks." He replied, a tiny smile tugging on the corners of his mouth.

"Aw, he is turning soft. It's written all over your face." Jordan cooed once again.

The happy, warm expression on Declan's face immediately disappeared as he turned to hit Jordan again, but this time it was Naomi to interrupt.

"Oh crap." She muttered, trying to hide her face with her Menu.

"What? What's wrong?" Bennett asks. Naomi gestured with her head towards the front door and everyone's heads turned.

At the front door, I noticed two boys walk in. One of them was Raymond, unfortunately, and the other one was that guy that always says hi to Naomi in the cafeteria. I never got his name, but something tells me that the boys don't like him very much, if their clenched jaws and glaring in his exact direction wasn't obvious enough.

"Don't look!" Naomi whisper shouted, "You'll just draw his attention over here and at-"

"Naomi?" A voice sounded behind us and everyone cringed.