15- Avenge me

I slammed the flyer down on our lunch table, causing everyone to jump. I turned it around towards the musketeers and said, "Im doing this and I want you guys to do it with me. You guys in or not?"

Naomi took the flyer and read the it's contents outloud, "Dartwell's Annual Talent Show! Show your unique talent in this years Dartwell Annual Talent Show for your chance to win a grand prize of $500! You can sing, dance, perform a magic act, the possibilities are limitless! Acts may vary between one to fifteen people per group. Acts must be school appropriate and follow the school's dress code!"

Naomi shuddered, "I remember last year a girl dressed up in a bikini and started dancing to the dirtiest song she could find... Nightmares..."

"AND WE MISSED IT?!" Jordan whined.

"Why couldn't we have joined this school last year!" Declan seconded.

Bennett didn't say anything but I knew deep down he was thinking the same thing as the other two hormonal teenage boys sitting next to us.

"Ugh, men." Naomi and I groaned simultaneously.

"But anyway... Will you guys do it with me? A dancing act?" I said, hopeful.

The four all looked at each other then come to a conclusion.

"Meh."

"Naw."

"No thanks."

Bennett just shook his head.

"Oh come on. Are you saying NONE of you can dance?" I whined.

Naomi points to Bennett and says, "Bennett can dance."

Bennett glared at Naomi but my face lit up, "Awesome! So one down three to-"

"Classical." Bennett interrupted, "Classical dance."

I grimaced, "Like waltzing and stuff?"

Bennett nodded.

I opened my mouth to say something, how we could compromise... But that wasn't happening.

I turn to Declan, "Declan? Come on, please?"

He simply shook his head no. "I don't dance. We have a Bad Boy reputation to uphold. If people see us dancing up on a stage, they'll look at us different."

"And you don't want that? You don't want people to not be afraid of you? To have a chance to make friends with someone new without them wetting their pants at the site of you guys?" I paused. "A chance to have a... Girlfriend not scared of you?"

I didn't miss the way the guys all froze and glanced at Naomi for a quick second. Naomi wasn't scared of them.

"No." They all said simultaneously. Naomi was all they needed was what they meant to say.

I sighed and moved unto Jordan.

"Jordan?"

He gave me a sympathetic smile before shaking his head, "I don't have anything against dancing, but Declan's got a point."

I turned to Naomi and she was about to say something when I interrupted her, "I am not taking no for an answer. You don't have the whole," I lowered my voice and mocked Declan, " 'We have a bad boy reputation to uphold' , excuse. You have to. Please? This will be our thing! We'll finally get some girl time!"

Naomi looked to the guys for help but they all looked at everything else but her. She glared at them before looking back at me, "I can't dance. Like, at all. Ask Bennett, I tried to dance with him once and I stepped on his feet at least ten times."