19- I Missed You...

"Uno!" Peter shouted as I placed down one of my two remaining cards.

I groaned in frustration before drawing four cards. "I can't believe I'm getting pummeled by a little kid," I chuckled

"Actually," he corrected, placing down his last card, "you just got BEAT by a little kid." With that, he sticks his tongue out at me to rub it in, and I simply roll my eyes at his childish behavior.

"How 'bout a rematch? That was just luck, I'll get you next time." I replied with childish enthusiasm.

However, before I can shuffle the cards, I recognize a familiar knock at the front door from the musical performance "Shave and a Haircut".

I heard the first five knocks on the front door, "Shave and a hair-cut-" before I rushed over to the door, where I knew my fellow SFC was (Sucker For Classics), and knocked back twice on the wood, "two bits!" With that, I opened the door and grinned widely at my best friend.

His messy Dirty Blonde hair stuck out in all different directions in what could only be described as an "I woke up like this" look. His dark brown eyes sparkled with mischief and he flashed his perfect white teeth at me, stretching the half inch long scar an his jaw. His nose was slightly crooked, as if it had been broken one too many times, but somehow, it made him even more attractive. I'd be lying if I said my heart didn't skip a beat or two when I saw him, but the only problem was that that is the same thought that went through every other girl's head at school. And besides, I knew him all too well. Axel Hart was never one to be able to settle on just one girl.

But, unfortunately for me, my best friend is also a sadist that loves to watch me squirm.

As soon as I opened the door, his hands gripped my waist and swung my around in a circle. Instinctively, I wrapped my arms around his neck to ensure he didn't drop me and giggled. When he put me back down, his arms were wrapped around my waist, with his face buried in my neck.

"I missed you," he whispered huskily, his hot breath warming my skin. Even though he did this every time he saw me, my face still turned a bright red as I tried to squirm out of his tightening embrace.

"Sadist." I grumbled as he chuckled at my attempts to get away.

"Aw come on, it's so fun to mess with you." He smirked against the soft skin of my neck.

"Hey Axel," my dad called out as he descended the stair case. Both of us nearly jumped out of our skin at the sound of his voice and Axel jumped nearly three feet away.

"Yes, sir?" He gulped.

"Have I shown you my shotgun collection, Axel?" My dad asked.

Axel gulped again and nervously chuckled, "N-no, sir."

He dads eyes narrowed at him, "just know that although deer seasons over, there are other things a man can hunt."

My father was about to leave when we heard some heavy metal music shaking the house. He rolled is eyes and stomped back half way up the staircase. He gripped the railing on the stairs with one hand and with the other, he cupped it around his mouth shouting, "ASHER!"