12- Normal is Boring

As we all exited the bar, as promised, Rodger stopped us to make sure we could all walk in a straight line before letting us go. I covered my face in embarrassment and in an attempt to hide my reddening face. When he was satisfied that we hadn't ordered any drinks behind his back, he let us go. I glared at Rodger before we all got into Bennett's car.

I clipped on my seatbelt and sat back only to realize we weren't moving. I looked up to see everyone's eyes on me.

"Are we going to go?" I asked slowly.

"You still owe us an explanation." Bennett stared intently at me.

I sighed. There was no getting out of this. "There's not much to explain. I used to be the singer for there band."

"How long ago was that?"

I bit my lip.

"How. Long." Bennett repeated more sternly.

"A little under three years ago." I muttered.

Everyone looked at me questionably. "How did you get a job at a club at fifteen years old?" Naomi asked.

I huffed and folded my arms, "I was not fifteen... I was sixteen."

"Your nineteen?" Declan raised an eyebrow.

"Soon I will be."

"So your basically nineteen but still in highschool?"

"I missed about a year of school."

"How come?"

"None of your business." I snapped at Jordan. He seemed taken aback, heck, everyone did. This was Jordan we were talking about.

I took a deep breath and let it out. "I'm sorry. It's a touchy subject."

We sat in silence for a moment before Bennett fired another question at me, "So, how did you get a job in a club at sixteen years old?"

"I used my mad persuasion skills." He raised an eyebrow. "Fine. I was walking by the club as their former singer stormed out the door in a fit of rage. Charlie came out after her, he saw me, asked if I could sing, and the rest is history."

"So he just saw you and thought, "Hey, there's a girl that is in no way old enough to enter a club, let's see if she can sing and I'll give her a job."?"

"Yea pretty much. He was kinda desperate at the momnent. Apparently there was some celebrity there that night or something and he didn't want to disappoint him."

They looked at me with disbelief and wide eyes.

"Huh," Naomi interrupted the silence, "you must be some singer... Now you have to sing for us." She grinned.

The guys all scooted closer and stared at me expectantly. My eyes widened and I put my hands up, "Oh, no. No, no, no. No way. That ain't happening."

"Oh come on!" Naomi wined, "Your killing me. I have to hear you sing. At least once."

I folded my arms stubbornly across my chest. "No. I don't sing in front of people."

Jordan threw his hands up in exasperation. "Oh come on! You were literally paid to sing in front of a crowd of people in a club. Last time I checked, that's called singing in front of people."

I rolled my eyes and sighed, "That was different. Even then I had stage fright. I had to wear a stupid eye mask cause I was afraid of what everyone would say about me." I paused. "And Charlie kinda insisted because he didn't want either of us to get in trouble for bringing an under aged girl into a club. But that's besides the point."