👻🎃Happy (Belated) Halloween Special!🎃👻

Hey guys...

Readers: *Silence*

Been a while hasn't it?

Readers: *raised brows*

*clears throat*
So... nice weather we're having?

Readers: *eyes narrow*

Okay! I'm sorry it's been so long! This school year has just been super tough and I have been really busy recently. I'm a sophomore this year and I am now realizing that it is MUCH harder than freshman year. The teachers have been piling on homework and it has been really stressful for me. I do feel really bad for just falling off the face of Wattpad, but school comes first... and unfortunately, school has become very demanding this year.

I have worked on the upcoming chapter in my spare time and I'm working towards an update, but we are at a VERY important point in the story and I need to make sure I get it all right. It doesn't help that I have hit a bit of a writers block on how to put it all together. I don't want it to be rushed and cruddy because than that's unfair to you guys.

So... Just please be patient with me? I'm working on this story every chance I get, I promise.

Anyway, HAPPY (BELATED) HALLOWEEN! I wanted to treat you all (pun not intended) to an update, but I wasn't able to get it done in time so... I came up with this Halloween Short Story instead! *pulls party popper from back pocket*

Which also turned out to be a fail since I couldn't even publish it before Halloween BUT STILL! At least I wrote something ok? Cut me some slack I started this two days before Halloween. I didn't finish it in time but I spent too many hours on this to just throw it away SO YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS HALLOWEEN IN NOVEMBER, DANG IT!

But... anyway... I know the story takes place in... what? March or so? But this short story is just for fun, it doesn't affect the plot of the actual story at all.

So sorry for the late updates, but Happy Belated Halloween Everyone!

***

Alexa's POV-

"Done," I commented and took a step back from my masterpiece.

I plopped the cutting knife I had been using down on my workstation, and attempted to brush a lock of hair out of my face, but my pumpkin gut covered hands proved the task to be a bit more difficult than anticipated. I glanced around the pumpkin carving station for paper towels, my eyes scanning through the building of happy children and parents showing off their pumpkins to each other. My eyes landed on a roll a table away and I quickly tore off a piece to clean off the slimy scum on my hands.

"What do you think?" I said over my shoulder.

Their silence made my grin falter.

"What?" I turned fully around and continued, "what is it? Is it bad?"

The musketeers glanced up from their pumpkins and cocked their heads to the side.

"A tree?" Naomi asked.

I looked down at my pumpkin and back at her, folding my arms across my chest defiantly.

"What? Do you have something against trees Naomi?" I glared at her teasingly.

She brought her hands up in defense and shrugged, "No of course not-"

"Naomi, trees give you oxygen," I mentioned, stepping closer to her with each point, "They give you beautiful scenery in the fall time, they give you piles of leaves to jump in..." I grabbed her by the shoulders and looked her firmly in the eyes, "they sacrifice themselves for the paper in your books."