ONE ; PEPPERMINT

Inspired by "Regarding Henry"
Peppermint Spice filled the air in the Ford's apartment as Harrison was finishing up making his signature peppermint hot cocoa for his family of 5  ( including him ) waiting in the living room with warm checkered blankets covering their small bodies.

"Alright, I have  3 peppermint hot chocolates with whip-a cream-a!" Harrison exclaimed in his terrible Italian accent stealing a giggle from Kathleen. Right as he finished his sentence three arms shot up from being hidden under the blanket.

"Ahh, their are my three picky eaters." He said talking about his three children Kathleen named after Kathleen Kennedy who was 4, Zac who just turned 6, and Justin who was the oldest being 8. Harrison without hesitation went to the couch in the living room where they had been watching "It's a Wonderful Life." And put the warm cocoa in their awaiting hands as they each received a kiss on the forehead.

"Wait dad you forgot the marshmallows!" Zac said disappointed on not receiving one of their essentials they had every year.

"It's alright kid, I'm going to go run to the store cause we also ran out of paper towels."

"Honey, it's okay we can-" but Carrie was cut off hearing the door shut bringing in the nippy weather of Manhattan.

- - -

"Just these two items, sir?" The young clerk at the grocery store asked Harrison.

Harrison just gave a small nod  trying not to show himself for he and Carrie were very famous actors. They had both starred in the Star Wars trilogy and Harrison was still working on movies including the Indiana Jones trilogy.

As Harrison began grabbing his bag a man hidden behind him pulled out a gun from underneath his coat pointing it at the clerk.

"Give me the money!" He shouted now pointing it towards the cash register.

"Hey, what do you-" Harrison said shocked at the sudden thief.

"One more word." The man threatened in the black clothing now pointing the gun at Harrison.

"I -I..." Harrison said unable to put out words before getting wounded in the head.

"Will you just wait." He questioned him stumbling over his words as his face met the sidewalk covered in crystal like snow.

- - -

With hands laced with Harrison's  Carrie sat at the side of Harrison's hospital bed with tears streaming down her rosy cheeks.

"It's alright Miss, he's still alive." The Doctor reassured her putting his arms on her shoulders that were covered by her navy sweatshirt.

Carrie gave a small smile at the doctor who was trying to relive her.

Carrie's fingers delicately traced over Harrison's face where he hadn't been patched with bandaids.

"Harry, you got to wake up the kids need you... I need you." She said swallowing back her tears.

"It's alright dear, he's going to be fine." Harrison's mom, Dorothy, said coming up behind her wrapping her in a hug as Carrie sobbed in her shoulder.

"Mama, I wanna see Daddy." Kathleen whimpered pulling on Carrie's jeans.

"It's okay, honey you'll see him soon." She reassured her daughter lifting her in her arms. "Your going to go with grandma while I stay here with Daddy. Is that okay?" Carrie asked the young child running her hand through her chestnut hair just like her own.

Kathleen nodded sniffling. "Good." Carrie said flashing her her bright smile.

"We'll come back tomorrow morning. Keep me updated." Dorothy said knowing Carrie would be staying here all night.

"Carrie your going to be okay.. I promise." Harrison said holding her hand as they rode together in the small Chicago ambulance minutes after she had a fainted from her blood pressure bring low from being a diabetic.

"You got to stay with me.." he whispered putting his palm on her ghost white cheek.

- - -

"Harrison ford know as both Han Solo and Indiana Jones is known to be in the Manhattan Hospital for being shot in the head.."

Carrie turned to look at the small television in the hall hearing the daily New York news reporter.

"You've got to be kidding me.." Carrie murmured.

She then glanced down at her watch on her left arm checking the time that showed 12:10

"Woww." She said rubbing her head with a yawn.
Once she began to fall asleep she heard a groan from the bed where Harrison had been laying.

"Harry!" Carrie said wrapping her arms tightly around his neck crying into his shoulder.

"Why am I in a hospital, are you the nurse?" He questioned Carrie meeting her chestnut eyes.