EIGHT; CHRISTMAS

Joyful Christmas music played through the halls of the hospital as Carrie and Harrison slept peacefully on the pull out couch in Justin's room. Last night Carrie had taken Kathleen and Justin home while Dorothy watched them letting Harrison and Carrie get a good nights sleep.

Justin wrestled in the sheets of his bed as he struggled to sleep before he gave up and started to wake up with a yawn escaping his mouth.

"It's Christmas!" He exclaimed as he looked around the room searching for his parents finding them asleep on the mattress from the couch wrapped in each other's arms.

"Momma it's Christmas!" Zac shouted as Carrie turned in Harrison's arms yawning while Harrison pulled her closer to him.

"Dad!" Zac yelled impatiently as Harrison quickly sat up alarmed by Zac's sudden outburst.

"W-What is it?!" He asked looking around finding Zac sitting up in his bed with his hair sticking out in all different directions.

"It's Christmas! It's Christmas!" He shouted as Harrison now was wide awake and getting up leaving Carrie face down on the bed.

"Calm down, buddy." Harrison told Zac as he continued to jump up and down while Harrison made his way to his bed while a nurse came in unexpectedly.

"I see some little boy is excited about Christmas." She stated with a smirk while she went to get his IV cord out of his arm.

"Ow!" He yelped as the needle was now out of his arm and the nurse gave a nervous chuckle.

"I'm sorry, I'm new at this." She told him as Zac ran to his dad and hugged him.

"Dad, I think my wish came true.." he told him as Harrison looked down at him smirking.

"Oh yeah what's that?"

"That I don't have siblings anymore." He told him grinning ear to ear.

"Hey!" He told him ruffling his hair as he laughed at how his son wished he was a only child.

"What kind of medicine did they give you?" He asked him as the nurse left the room shutting the door loudly making Carrie wake up.

"Look who's up!" Harrison said rather joyfully as Carrie sat up with a yawn and stretching her arms.

"Momma! It's Christmas!" He shouted again but towards Carrie as she laughed at him getting up and wrapping her arms around his little body.

"Are you ready to go home and see your siblings and open gifts?" She asked him getting him even more excited at the mention of gifts

"Yes!" He exclaimed running towards the door.
"You have to hold on." Harrison told Zac laughing at him trying to get out of the hospital as soon as possible.

Carrie then grabbed her purse and held Harrison's hand as the family made their way to the front desk for checkout.

- - -

"Daddy!" Kathleen exclaimed giggling as she ran to the door where her brother,mother, and father were all covered in snow from the winter weather of New York.