SIXTEEN; BIRTHDAY ACCIDENTS

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Please go check out my new book "Back to 1977" afterwards I promise you won't regret it. Should be out this week! I will post when so be on the look out!

"Harrison!" Dorothy yelled while the kids all gave her the quickest hug they could while they got smothered with kisses.

"Hi mom." Is all he said with his wide goody grin as he gave her a nice long hug before the kids ran off trying to find their cousins.

"You got the present?" She whispered in his ear while still in their hug. Kathleen had wanted a puppy for the longest time and both Carrie and Harrison decided it was time.

"Yup, I'm going to pick it up in half a hour." He told her stepping back and letting Carrie who had been holding the fresh fruit hug her mother in law.

"Hi my lovely Carrie." She told Carrie as she cupped her face with her hands looking at Carrie with her huge brown eyes. "You don't age at all you know that?" She asked Carrie before playfully slapping he shoulder.

"I should say the same." Carrie told her mother in law modestly before they all went into the living room where all the Ford's were watching football.

"Hey, Harrison!" Terrence yelled before he ran to his older brother ruffling his hair like Harrison was a 7 year old.

"Terrance..." Harrison growled as Terrance stopped and studied Harrison. "Oh I'm sorry you were never a goofball."

"Grow up.." Harrison told him while Terrance's wife came to Harrison and Carrie and gave them both a hug.

- - -

"Hey, be safe its still snowing outside." Carrie told Harrison as she helped him wrap the checkered scarf around his neck.

"Hey, I'm always safe." He told her offended while she looked at him crossing her arms with a smirk playing on her lips.

"Yeah? Then tell me about that Temple of Doom back accident." She said quizzing him while he looked taken back.

"We all know that was Steven." He pointed out before he bent down to Carrie's height level and gave her a peck on the lips.

"Mhmmm." She mumbled in the short kiss while he ran out the door to go get Kathleen's surprise. "Hey, be safe out there!" Carrie yelled as she ran outside watching him get in the car.

-

"Why the he** is there such bad traffic." He asked himself as he watched his light turn green. Harrison's snow boot pressed on the pedal right before he began going.

As Harrison crossed the four way stop he heard horns out in the cold air it was right before he looked to his right finding a gray car come running into his side.

- - -

The ring of Dorothy's house phone interrupted the chatting of the Ford's while Terrance went up to go get the phone.

"Ford household." Terrance told the caller as he waited for a response. Carrie looked at Terrance's wife, Marie, who gave a small shrug towards Carrie.

Carrie could tell Terrance was very into this call before he yelled, "Get in the car something's happened to Harrison!"

Carrie's world paused for a second. Everything around her stopped all she could hear was the clock ticking in the background before Mattie lifted her arm and helped her go to the car.

SHORT CHAPTER BECAUSE IM NOW WORKING ON MY OTHER BOOK BUT MY NEXT ONE WILL BE FILLED WITH MUCH MORE EMOTIONS. THATS A PROMISE! AND TOMORROW IM STARTING SCHOOL SO THAT WILL DEFIANTLY MAKE ME MORE PRODUCTIVE THATS FOR SURE! XOXO