SIX; CHRISTMAS EVE ( 1985 )

Here's where things start getting bad...

- - -

"Alright everybody ready?" Carrie asked her three children and husband earning nods of heads as she tightened Zac's coat around his small form.

"Mom! That's too tight!" Zac said out of breath as Carrie chuckled loosening his belt that was around his olive green coat.

"I'm sorry babe." She told him kissing his warm forehead. "Are you sick Isaac?" Carrie asked him using his real name knowing he would not tell her so he could go ice skating.

"No, I'm not mom." He told her passing by her trying to get out of the door with his brother,sister, and dad.

"Isaac." She said glaring at him giving him the "death glare".

"It's just a headache... I promise." He told her sincerely as Carrie gave her a questioning look before Harrison shouted for her telling her the cab was waiting for the them.

"Alright but I'm going to go get you a hat. Go get in the cab and tell dad I'll be there in a second." She told him as she ran to her 10 year olds bedroom opening the drawer and grabbing his hat his grandma had knitted for him last Christmas.

"Alright alright I'm here!" Carrie yelled shutting the door behind her while locking it as the cab continued to honk.

"Sorry." She told the now angry cab driver as he drove the family to the private ice rink. Carrie tried to get them the least crowded one she could but only found one that was limited if you made a reservation.

"Look its huge!" Kathleen said putting her small hands on the window of the cab while she looked out the window at the huge ice skating rink.

"Woww." Harrison heard his other two children say as they joined their sister at the window that only showed the ice rink.

"Thank you!" Carrie told the cab driver as the family made their way out of the cab grabbing their skates.

Harrison now wrapping his arm around Carrie while their children ran into the rink said, "Great job." He said looking down at her short figure before they both went through the door.

"Why thank you." She said smiling up at him while they went to go check in at the front desk.

"Woww this place is amazing!" Harrison told Carrie as they stepped into the huge ice rink where a couple other people had been skating.

"Thank you Harry." She said as Kathleen,Zac, and Justin all ran to a nearby bench to put their skates on.

"See I told you they would love it." Carrie said just loud enough for Harrison to hear.

"Yeah your right." Harrison said looking at his three kids glowing faces as they put their skates on before he and Carrie went to a bench beside them taking off their shoes.

But before they could take their skates off their children all waddled to the couple now with their skates on but untied.

Carrie laughed at the sight of her children all ready but with no tied laces.

"Come here you guys I'll help." She told them as she began to tie their laces one by one as Harrison did his own.

"Alright, have fun... and don't let Kathleen fall too much!" She told her older two once they got on the ice skating away and Kathleen holding on to the railing.

"You'll do great hon." Carrie reassured Harrison seeing he had his laces untied too before she patted the open space between them so that he could put his foot up.

"Or maybe I'll be like Kathleen." He suggested earning a slap on the shoulder.

"She's FOUR Harry!" She yelled at him while Harrison chuckled at her being offended by their own children.

"Alright, I'll be there in a minute." She told him as he too waddled to the door of the ice rink.

"Pray I don't break a leg!" He said as Carrie laughed seeing him trip as soon as his foot touched the ice.

"Are you okay, dad?!" She heard Zac ask his father who was on the ice trying to get up but failed miserably.

"Yeah I completely forgot how to skate." He said embarrassed as he got up but started tripping before Justin caught his arm helping him get up.

"Here I'll help you." He told Harrison as he slowly skated around with him.

Seeing this Carrie smiled watching her son and husband skating together like it was Harrison's first time skating. Looking around Carrie saw Kathleen holding onto the railing as she skated. Well tried skating.

"Zac!!" She then heard both Justin and Harrison yell as she looked over finding Zac sprawled out on the ice on his back.

"Oh my Goodness!" Carrie yelled too skating as fast as she could to where Zack was.

"Zac, oh my word are you okay?!" She asked him taking his head with her hand and holding him up as he tried to keep his eyes open.

"I-I'm alright mom. It it hurts." He told her as tears came running down Carrie's rosy cheeks as Justin raced to the exit door going to the front desk.

"Justin keep your eyes open." Harrison told him rubbing his cheek with his glove.

"I'm-I'm Okay." He told his parents before his eyes quickly shut scaring Carrie half to death.

"It's alright he's still alive!" Harrison said as he checked his pulse. "He just fainted the cold air doesn't help."

"Mam we just called an ambulance they should be here shortly." A women who had skates came over to the couple and told them as a man beside her helped pick Zack up.

"Oh God, please let my baby be okay." She prayed as she watched them carry Zack outside the rink to the ambulance with Harrison, Kathleen, and Justin.

Sorry for not updating once again this week this has also been a very busy with volleyball practice ( since I made the team! Eeee. ) and some of my family is is town. I will try my best to update everyday but I'm not going to make any promises😬 < sorry. But I hope everyone has a good week coming up! Xoxo💞