1: The Strangers

1989

She was driving too fast. Too fast and too late. It was dark, the weather was stormy. The young Cadillac CTS-V zoomed down Route 66 with no idea where she was going. Then it happened. She sped towards a dot of a town. She didn't know that she would ever see a real town again. She was running low on oil and gas and soon, she ran smack into a statue! She stopped and gasped for air looking around at the seemingly ghost town. Her engine ached horribly and her tank awful as if it were twisting and turning. She soon began to cry. She stifled her tears to not attract any unwanted attention. But regardless, she got it. She could hear a motor headed straight towards her. She quickly turned around and saw a royal blue and silver car that was much bigger than herself.

"D-don't hurt me!" The battered Cadillac studded. The blue car stopped with a look of concern and confusion on his face.

"I'm not going to hurt you. Just... tell me, kid, what's you name." His voice sounded rough, but at the same time, comforting. The child felt as if she could somewhat trust him, but still kept her distance.

"H-Ha...H-Har Harl..." she coughed and the blue car inched closer.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. Just take a deep breath." His voice had more concern and he looked around as if he was looking for someone. The Cadillac took a shaky breath them tried again.

"H-Har...Harley. M-my name is H-Harley." She stuttered out. The blue car simply nodded. He took one more look around then looked at the girl.

"Okay, Harley, where are your parents?" At the word 'parents,' the gray chassis of the young girl shuddered and she looked down.

"I-I... a st-st-stor... Move... moving... they... they..." she hiccupped and began to cry again, this time a little more uncontrolled. The blue car moved closer with more urgency and concern.

"Hey, hey. It's okay..." he looked around once more. "Come on, follow me and I'll get ya fixed up. Okay?" The gray car hesitated. Her breathing was short and quick. She was in a bad condition and needed all the help she could get. "You can trust me. It's okay. I won't hurt you." The Cadillac inched forward. Then the blue car began to turn around slowly. He didn't completely turn until he knew she would follow. She inched forward and he knew it was safe to begin driving off but kept a close eye on her. The girl kept her distance while her quiet voice spoke up.

"Wh-what's your name, Sir?" She said, her voice still tinted with a touch of uncertainty. The blue car looked at her with his mirrors.

"Hudson. Doctor Paul Hudson. But folks 'round here just call me Doc."

"Doc..." The girl said to herself. "M-Mr. Doc, w-where are we going?" She questioned as she followed

"I'm going to have to take you to me examination room. There I'll be able to figure out what's wrong and more importantly." He stopped by a building and held the door for her. "I'll be able to figure out how to fix you." Harley looked up and mumbled to herself what it read.

"O-Ornament Valley... M-Medical Cli-Clinic... Doctor Hudson." She saw that Doc was waiting for her so she quickly went inside, as quickly as she could manage at least. Doc followed her and the doors closed behind him. Harley looked around with wide eyes. She seemed frightened.