24: A dream

Chapter 24: A Dream

It was dark. Doc didn't know where he was as he looked around but only continued to see nothing.

"Where the heck am I?" he asked aloud. Suddenly stadium lights started to come on one by one. They circled Willy's Butte and the race track around it. He was in the stands, looking down. To his left was Sheriff. To his right, Flo. "What's going on?" He asked, but got no response from either of them.

"It's her debut ladies and gentlecars!" Darrell Cartrip blasted out into his headset.

"And it's his final race!" Bob Cutlass stated. Doc was confused and looked down at the track. His eyes widened as the scene melted away and faded into a new one. He was suddenly in his garage with a small t.v. turned onto the news.

"It was her debut. It was definitely his final race…" Doc gasped at he read the headline. "It was a crash that.. that ended it all." he reversed away as he saw what used to be a silver car and a white car on the screen. Crumbled up cars that could no longer drive on there own.

"I hate to say this," the news reporter said, "but to make it out of here being the same car as before… it would have to take a miracle." Doc shook his hood. "With both Davis and Carson being heavily involved in the crash, they're both going to have a endure a long recovery time. The manufacturer be with them. Let's just hope this isn't Davis's last time on the track. And let's pray that Carson isn't gone for good." the t.v then shut off on it's own. Doc looked and glanced at the newspaper clipping framed on his wall, but it wasn't his. It was of what was just on the t.v screen. It read "Davis and Carson. The Wreck to be Reckoned With." The photo was the same as what was on the screen. A shiver ran down Doc's chassis.

"No… not her…. Not my…" He said as his voice cracked with grief, but he suddenly realized something that didn't make sense. "Wait a second…." His face turned into a scowl. "Damien." He said before his eyes shot open in the dawn of a new day. "Reveille" quietly filled the air and Hendrix version "Star Spangled Banner" soon clashed with it.

"Will you turn that disrespectful junk off!" Sarge could be heard next door yelling at his neighbor.

"Respect the classics, man. It's Hendrix!" Fillmore yelled back. Doc shook his hood in attempts to shake off the dream. As he left his room, he glanced down the hall and towards Harley's room. He expected her to slowly drive out with a yawn as she usually does after the morning arguments between the two polar opposite friends next door ensued. Doc slightly furrowed his eyelids as the seconds dragged and still no Harley.

"Harley, you up yet?" He asked as he drove down to her door. He softly knocked on it, but he heard nothing in response. "Harley? You okay?" he asked and waited quietly. He then opened the garage door and was terrified at what was behind it: A room void of any car. "Harley?" he quickly drove in and looked around as if he were still dreaming and looking for the answer. "Harley!" he frantically drove out and searched the entire clinic, but there was still no Cadillac in sight. After he was certain she wasn't in there, Doc headed straight to Flo's were Sheriff had only just drove in seconds before Doc's arrival there.

"Morning Doc-"

"Have you seen Harley?" Doc stopped Sheriff before he could say anything else.

"Wha- Ah, no. No I haven't seen her yet." Sheriff said then noticed how worried Doc looked. "Was she not in her room?"

"No. She wasn't in the clinic at all!" Doc said as a shiver ran down his body. "Where could she be…?" he thought aloud.

"Willy's Butte?" Sheriff suggested.

"Or Wheel Well!" Flo chimed in.

"She could've gotten stuck on the long way to Willy's Butte." Sarge said who had beat Doc the the café. "I say we take our squadron and split up to find the cadet!"