29: Algunos Bailando

Chapter 29: Algunos Bailando

The day went on and soon the night was settling in. Several cars had been rushing around town trying to make sure everything was perfect. The only car not seen out and about was Harley, who was cooped up in Ramone's shop all day. Finally, the time had come. Miguel's had light blue instead of lime green accents to compliment Harry's paint job. Many cars had settled at the café but left the center empty. Miguel waited patiently for Harley outside of the House of Body Art. His father drove by and chuckled.

"My boy being a man. Escorting a young woman." Pancho smiled with pride.

"Papa…" Miguel whined, slightly embarrassed making him laugh again.

"Miguel?" came a voice from behind Pancho. Harley came out revealing her new look to the two cars. "Hey, Pancho" she said with a smile. Miguel caught a glimpse of her and melted.

"H..Harley, wow.. Rosia did a good job." he said as she saw her drive out with a pearl finish shine. The iridescent color of light blue with purple streaks down her sides was mesmerizing. Absolutely stunning.

"Yeah she did." she said as she admired her own paint job. "Your family really knows how to treat a girl." she chuckled and Miguel chuckled with her. "Hey, you're blue!" she noticed his blue accents.

"Oh yeah, we thought painting over the green would compliment your paint, so Tio Ramone hooked me up." he explained.

"Well, I'm gonna go find Ramone and Francisco." the shiny blue Impala said. "I'll see you two on the dance floor." he winked at Miguel, making him slightly flush with embarrassment, then left.

"Your dad's funny." Harley said as she drove up beside Miguel.

"Don't support him, please.." He said as they began to drive to the café.

"Oh come on, he's not that bad." Harley said. Miguel rolled his eyes just as they were driving up to the front of the café. The sun was setting, the dusk was covering the town. The only light was from the traffic light flicking on and off its yellow hue. The third flicker lagging behind the others as always. Voice dimmed and faded put as a microphone check sounded and the voice of Ramone started to speak.

"Ladies and gentlemen.. tonight's a night of celebration! A grand fiesta to honor Harley Davis Stockrim!" a spot light gently came on and shone brightly against Harley and Miguel.

"That's our cue." Miguel whispered and began to drive forward with Harley close to his side. "She is escorted by sixteen year old Miguel Delgado son of Pancho Delgado. Harley, our Quince, is the daughter of Paul 'Doc' Hudson." Harley caught a glimpse of Doc furrowing his lids in a scowl directed at Ramone. He didn't exactly perfect his real name being announced for all to hear. Harley giggled quietly, but quickly gained her composure.

Miguel lead her in a circle around the café so all could see her in a new light. A new color. A new beginning of her life.

"Harley has been here for nine years and now, we celebrate her coming of age tonight with a Quinceañera! Radiator Springs style!" music played and whoops and hollers came from every car. Oos and awws could be heard.

"It's time for our dance." Miguel said with a half smile. He held out a tire, she smiled and took it with her tire. They spun in a circle, reversed away and came together again. The two danced a formal ballroom dance, one that hadn't been practiced, but they're partnership was unquestionable. They were the perfect dance partners. She followed his lead, they slipped up a few times. A few chuckles came from the crowd, but none of it could be heard by the couple.

"You're a pretty good dancer." Harley said under her breath.

"You're a really good partner." he said back catching a small glance at Doc who seemed to be the only one not enjoying the scene. Miguel quickly turned, skidding slightly. He smiled an awkward smile as an apology, Harley gave a forgiving giggle in return. The music faded, the dance ended. Miguel lead her to the front of the cafe where a 1959 El Camino was parked. He was painted black with a white stripe on either side of him. A second spotlight came on and illuminated the pastor.