Being the bridesmaid

ASHTON POV

We are finally back from the funeral , and I wanted to be with alex to support her . But xavier is throwing icy glares towards at me when ever I am with her . I ignored him and maya is also there at the place . I really don't want to leave her in this state . I am afraid she might take some impulsive decisions  . but something which I felt happy about is xavier never left her side and she seemed to be opening up to him . its a good sign because alex never gets too close to anyone , unless she knew they like her genuinely . its the only reason why she had very less friends  .

"ash?,"

I perked up , "yes , alex ,"

"its over , you can leave now , its your date tonight with maya remember ,"

maya and I stared at each other , I know maya also would never leave alex so I answered on both of our behalf . " no , we cant leave you ,not like this . "

she chuckled ," I knew you would say this thing but still , I need some time alone so, please "

I stared at her unable to talk anything when she stated her decision bluntly . I saw Xavier and for once he left his cold demeanour towards me and nodded his head at me like he would never leave her and how much annoying he may be  I trusted him for once  . I let out a breath and looked at maya  , she too sighed and we both started walking to our car . we reached her home and she invited me for a drink . ofcourse we both are tired from the long sessions , and sipping our drinks silently .

" you know ,when I saw you for the first time in the office ,all I could think about is you . you were just like an angel kneeling infront me and inspecting my damage . through out my way to the hospital all I could think about is will I be able to see you again . and the only thing that came to mind is to marry you . I know its a crazy thought to ask you suddenly , but its just like I am afraid you would forget me if  I take my time to ask you out . " she chuckled .

I continued , "your dreams keep haunting me at night , and believe me if I say I couldn't function with out seeing your face everyday . you became like a mysterious drug I am addicted to . "

"It might be lust too....not love as you think , because I think love happens only once in a life time and I believe it sure dosent happen just by looking at the features of a person ."she said seriously .

I smiled looking at her and she stared at me confusedly," yes , love happens only once in our life and in my case it happened with you . I love your darkening green orbs when you are angry and your beautiful smile which makes me want to give you anything which you desire for in the world .I could happily imagine having lots of kids with you and growing grey with you . just the mere thought of some other male with you makes me want to go all possessive and keep you away from them.. "

she is staring at me dumb struck , and I stood up taking out the ring and kneeled on one leg infront of her ."maya,  I love not only your beautiful features but also your personality  . every day with you is a roller roaster ride and it thrills me to no end .I want share my life with you until death do us apart . will you give me the honor of being your husband ? will you marry me?"

though I am looking so confident for her ,I was a nervous wreck inside and her silence is not helping the situation . seconds passed in to minutes and my knee is killing me . she is still staring at me with out giving an answer . it became impossible for me to kneel because it almost became numb . then she finally turned her back to me and I understood this as her rejection .I sighed and got up , limping and turned back to get out of her home .

when I nearly crossed the door ,a hand held my wrist and turned me back forcibly,and the next thing I experienced made my mind foggy with pleasure shooting through my nerves . she is kissing me .she is freaking kissing me .we were both out of breath when it ended and I was confused  .