Chapter 1: Pancakes and Morning Kisses

Killian shifted in bed, the bright morning light that was filtering in through the curtains waking him from his sleep. He let out a low groan and rolled over, throwing his arm across where Emma's sleeping form would usually still be asleep next to him. This morning his arm landed on an empty bed instead. Slowly opening his eyes Killian glanced around the room and noticed the bedroom door was open. He grinned as he sat up and the smell of pancakes cooking downstairs finally hit him. He slid out of bed and retrieved his clothes from the chair in the corner of the room. Putting them on he noticed his shirt wasn't with the rest of his clothes, he shrugged it off guessing Emma had simply put it in the wash and grabbed another one. Once he was dressed he headed downstairs to the kitchen.

"Emma love did you put my shirt in the -" Killian's words trailed off when he walked into the kitchen and saw Emma standing at the cooker wearing his shirt. It was oversized on her and hung just above her knees but she had tucked in into her jeans. "Enjoying my shirt?"

"Yes," Emma replied looking over her shoulder to smile at him.

"Am I getting that back anytime soon?" He asked.

"Probably not."

"Alright, Swan." He laughed. "I guess that belongs to you now."

Killian made his way across the kitchen and joined Emma at the cooker, wrapping his arms around her waist. He let his head rest on her shoulder and pressed a kiss to her cheek.

"So pancakes for breakfast today?" He teased cocking an eyebrow at her.

"Yes, I thought it might be a nice, quick breakfast before Henry leaves for Violet's house this morning." Emma laughed lightly elbowing Killian in the ribs.

"Oh, of course." Killian loosened his grip on Emma letting her work on finishing breakfast but didn't fully let her go.

When the food was finished he grabbed one of the plates helping Emma set the kitchen table. The worked together easily like they did most mornings, Emma slipped under Killian's arm when he turned around with one of the plates in his hand. He watched Emma walk over to the fridge to pull out a jug of orange juice. He had lived on a ship for most of his life, learning to live with others and to easily move around them on the decks but there was something different about it with Emma. It was simpler with her, they understood each other and living together had come almost naturally. It was almost like they had always lived together.

"Henry! Breakfasts ready!" Emma called.

A moment later they could hear Henry's footsteps upstairs and he came running down.

"Goodmorning." Henry smiled settling down at the table and dragging a plate towards him.

"Morning Kid." Emma walked over to her own seat, running her fingers through Henry's hair as she moved behind him.

Henry swatted away her hand and tried to smooth his hair back down, with his other hand he speared a fork through two pancakes and dropped them down onto his plate. Emma and Killian exchanged a look and fought back the urge to laugh at how quickly Henry was eating his breakfast.

"So, going to Violet's today lad?" Killian asked.

"Yeah," Henry said around a mouth full of pancake. "We're going horse riding at the stables. Speaking of I better go."

Henry shovelled one last pancake into his mouth before jumping up from his seat. He grabbed his coat off the hook on the wall and quickly threw it on, waving goodbye to Killian and Emma.

"He must really like the girl." Killian laughed moving to help Emma clear the empty plates off the table.

"He does." Emma agreed. "She's a nice girl."