Dinner - 2

❤Serene Fiorentino ❤

I was sitting in front of the dresser, with my makeup done and unwrapping the last strand of my blonde lock from the curling iron, I set them with hairspray; Admiring my finished look. Rose and Candice were here as my company, in the dressing room - located upstairs at the banquet hall. I was grinning like an idiot at the thought of seeing Colton here tonight. I was having butterflies in my stomach and thinking about him made it even hard to breathe sometimes.

I have seen him on tabloids and pictures of him on social media posted by Alex and Jake. I've also seen him in person once, at Alex's house, it felt like I caught a glimpse of an angel, I was frozen into one spot and completely lost into him. Ever since I am crazy about him. He never saw me but today I will make sure he does.

They all know about my crush on Colton except Jake, hoping he doesn't find out because he can shoot out a secret faster than a damn bullet. I was getting dressed into a white chiffon backless, maxi dress with a sweetheart neckline, covered with lace. The dress hugged my body from the neckline down to my hips like second skin, then falling in airy sway.

I wore pink jeweled flats, and for jewelry I stuck to simple tear drop white diamond earrings that came with a pendant. How can I forget? my favorite jewelry of all time, anklets. My mom gifted this special pair to me that I will always cherish forever, because they were hers. The anklets were a reminder of her; constantly telling me that she was with me every time I heard the pleasant sound of the jingles.

"Serene!" Rose said my name with a surprise squeal, and nudging me with her elbow.

"Oh my god, you look gorgeous, I'm sure your husband will die when he sees you." I laughed at the term she used, I hope and pray he's my husband one day.

Alex has told me so much about him...well I had to force him to tell me some things about him. The more I discovered about this guy, the more I fell in love with him.

"Rose, he won't even throw a second glance my way, you know he doesn't believe in love anymore."

I heard a little bit about his past from Alex, but I didn't know the full details. My heart broke for him when he needed a mother in his life he didn't have her. It was unfortunate that his relation ship with his ex fiancé didn't work out but I wanted to be the girl to change everything in his life. To make him love again and give him the happiness he deserves. I promise to give him all that, If I even stand a chance.

Rose rolled her eyes, with a shake of her head, "I think he's gay, like seriously, that dude is so weird he won't even look at any girls."

She's my best friend, but in that moment she ticked me off. I know she was half joking but we all knew why he acted cold and closed off, "you know why he's very distant, Rose. His past effected him." I calmly told her.

She sighed and apologized, "you're right, but damn he is going to miss out on you. If he keeps that up."

I raised my brow, "Who said he will?" I smirk, "he didn't even come across someone like me yet."

I motioned my hand up and down towards my body. I was a very confident person, but I didn't believe any of my words in that moment. I was just trying to lighten the mood with my pretentious comments.

"Hey Candy did you see Jake, I bet he looks hot huh? You should dance with him tonight." I winked at her and she blushed.

"Jake is being Jake," She sighs," I saw him flirting with a brunette, before I came in here. I so wanted to rip her hair out." She groaned.

And I want to kick him in the balls, I rolled my eyes.

Candice Martin was another best friend of ours, who had a hardcore crush on Jake. Which was just as hard for her to approach or keep him to herself, because Jake was a player and wouldn't settle.