The Run away - 15

Check the A/N. I am feeling so giddy lol

           📚📚

Serene's P.O.V

Past

Cold midnight run away is not the ideal escape. My hands and feet are numb as well as my nose. I quickly packed a travel backpack with my neccesities, money, and legal documents like passport and I.D. I got out of the house in a haste, catched a cab and went to a train station.

I didn't want Colton or any of his men to find me. I ran away in the middle of the night, hoping I'm far, far away by the time he wakes up. I don't want him to find me at all. But knowing him, he would find me to any extent for keeping our business together. Which was the reason why I didn't file for divorce or told him that I was going to leave. I didn't want to break the contract and put my father through any trouble as I already have. I need to just leave everything behind because I feel like I will suffocate if I stay any longer.

I left without telling him because I didn't want him to manipulate me or make me stay. Because I know I will give in some how and I even hate the thought about that. But now I promised myself to be strong, and not get myself into a situation like this, ever again.

I will be independant and rely only on myself. I don't regret falling in love and going through such expirience. An expirience I was new to. It's hard for me to even say this and accept it but I know deep down this was a life lesson for me. First time I've been in love and It pulled me in so deep within the haze of it, it blinded my vision to see the reality and the truth around me.

I got blinded by love that I was willing to let go of the world just for him and I was hell bent on making him accept me. But I learned that you can't ever change anyones heart or mind for another.

Right now my feet are hitting against the hard pavement of the platform, my heels aching and a pain jolted through my ankle when I stumbled over. Trying to catch the train that I am so close to missing. I am gasping, trying hard to inhale in excessive air. A burning sensation goes through my lungs and my throat.

Just praying, that my last oppurtunity to a new beginning doesn't slip out of my hands. My last hope. My freedom.

Hope is the last thing I ever want to cling onto. Every last thread of hope and prayer in my heart for love disappeared. Hope is just a word that human being hold onto, to give themselves assurance when they are close to their destination or prayer yet so far.

I speed up a little faster, running on the long platform that's about to end. The train has started awhile ago, its blurrying away from my side vision. The last four windows are near the last door, that is getting closer to me; the train is ending as well as my feet on the platform.

I take a quick turn and grab onto the doorsill of the closed door and push it open and enter. Relief and happiness fills my body and tears blurry my vision. I can't believe I ran away from the toxic relationship. From my nightmare. 

I take a quick seat and breathe heavely, resting my head against the cold glass window letting my tears of emotions fall.

I couldn't stand his presence anymore. His voice felt like stabs to my heart, resurfing the memories of him taking my innocence. His groans of pleasure and his incohorent words slurring in my ear. The memory itself bring chills to my spine, in disgust and it constricting my heart.

I just couldn't get past that point. I wanted him to accept me some how. Anyhow. But he was right all along, that this marriage would always be a business. I thought I noticed some change in his behavior and that there was a slight change in him but It was just a facade. He was trying hard to keep up with his hard act. It broke me more everytime, he avoided me like a damn plague. When I tried so hard to just keep everything together.