Had to let go -13

HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY user40558531 Sweetheart. Have a good one!!

(The picture above) HIS SMILE MELTS MY HEART! ❤

Please make me happy and VOTE!!

💎Colton's POV💎

I had to let her go. She was a true definition of her name, Serene.
Her soul was a true Serenity.
She was something else, she never wanted to give up on us.

She never wanted to give up on me. Until I broke her. Piece by piece.

Then she left. The dim light that was beginning to slowly light up in my life, went completely dark along with the serenity.

It's true when they say that you only appreciate that one person and realize what they meant in your life and meant something to you until they're gone.

I needed her more than anything but I was a strong, stubborn son of a bitch.

I made a promise with myself I wouldn't let anyone toy with my feelings - especially her -  because I couldn't afford to let myself swallow up in self pity and alcohol, again.

I made many promises to myself and one of them was to never let her in and fall for her.

But that strong thread of promises went weak and eventually broke but my pride and ego was more than just feelings.

I regret with every breathe I take. I punish myself and I am mentally slowly killing myself with guilt.

But I know what I did was best for the both of us.

How much hate and hurt can someone take? Not much. But she was strong, so strong that it took so much of me to break her.

At one point, I wanted to give up.

We had a constant battle in our relationship, we both were strong emotionally. We both didn't give up.

She wanted to mend me, put me back together and make me fall for her.

And I wanted to break her and push her away. For many reasons.

She always had her way with words. She always made my day with her silly jokes and outgoing, light persona but I never showed it, and at first I hated it.

I hated that she would some how make me happy, and relief the tension from the stressful days I had at work but I never let it get to me because I knew if I gave in, I would become addicted to her and attached and then she would some how let me go.

They always did, in some twisted way. Whether it was money, not satisfied in their relationship, or had other goals and dreams to fulfill - they always left.

Serene put so much effort for me, cooked for me, teased me, annoyed me playfully - which she enjoyed a little too much - and always wanted to make me smile. She forced me to eat, cause she cared about my wellbeing and most of all she was patient. she was just always there.

I would always see concern, sadness and a hint of hurt in her eyes when I came home late, or was fatigue, loss of appetite, and fever - which was often - but I didn't open up to her.

I insulted, humilated, and hurt her. Most of the time she would hide her emotions well and would walk away. She was patient with me and sometimes didn't showed her true, real self for who she was.

She was fiesty and never took shit from anyone. Which I admired so much. When I would push it a little too far - which was often - she never backed down and let me slide. She always put me in my place with her comebacks. They always shot fired straight to my heart, made my blood boil. She would always have comebacks right on the tip of the tongue, I knew it but she would stop herself and acted like I didn't effect her.