Cure -14

Coltons present is currently where he meets Serene in the Alley, this is him talking bout his past while Serene was gone living in Oregan.

Hope this isnt confusing.

Vote and comment!!

♦Colton's POV♦

Past

Her soft laughs and non stop chatter echoes in my head and her pouts - when she wants me to talk to her or when I deny her of something - still flashes behind my close lids. When she would smile her eyes would crinkle, small barely there bags would puff out and her cute round nose would scrunch up and her upper lip would slightly lift up more from the left side making her smile priceless.

Her smell is still etched in my head, faintly sorrounding the room. The floral and sweet fragrance gives me peace of mind when I am struggling with my inner self and emotions as well as physical pain. I lay in her empty bed inhaling the heavenly smell that soothes me yet drives me insane with guilt and regret.

Coming home has been very hard, staying exra hours at office working or spending all night at the office just to avoid the emptiness and darkness at home. The melodic jingle noises from her anklet would let me know she is around. Now there is nothing, when I walk in through those doors, it's too quiet. I can only hear my own breathing and clock thicking on the wall.

I'll never forget the look of relief and happiness on her face when she would decend those stairs welcoming me with her small beautiful smile that is painted in my mind, and those mesmorizing hazel eyes filled with love and the playful sounds from her anklet.

In the beginning it didn't faze me when I hurt her emotionally by snapping at her and ignoring her, completely shutting her out. Slowly I got use to it and It wasn't hard to ignore her but as time passed by when I knew I was falling for her it started to kill me when I would see hurt and dissappointment in her eyes. Yet It didn't faze my actions. I would still play her well.

When she left that night, after I pushed her to the brink. She took the leap and left. It was what I wanted all those times, even now I want her away from me to find her happiness and I pray she does. But there is some part of me that is nagging at my heart, causing an intense feeling of sorrow pushing through in waves making my heart squeeze, all the time from missing her presence. Every single night and day I wondered how she's doing and where she must be? I was worried. But there was always a voice in the back of my mind telling me she is a strong woman and she is just fine, atleast will be without me.

Keeping everything bottled up for so long, has been making me feel worse. I been anxious and depressed all the time. I just couldn't take it anymore. With me being in a constant battle with my body and mind. After 5 months of her gone, I called Alex. I had to take this burden off my chest. I was going insane so I told him everything about how she left and what I did to her, for making her life a nightmare. About the mistake I made that night. And reluctantly I told him about my cancer. Alex was a compassionate dude but it didnt stop him from telling me shit despite the fact I had cancer.

He told me everything and anything negative. He threatened me and cursed me out to hell and back. He said I deserved it that she left me and that I dont deserve her at all. I couldnt have agreed more. He said it was my punishment to go through this pain alone. He was beyond pissed and hurt for what I did to Serene. He was so worried out of his mind, to where she might've left and in which condition she must be in. The everyday questions I ask myself.