The Merge - 3

Colton's POV

*VOTE AND COMMENT!*

 ✿✿

"Sir, uh-please can you s-sign....please sign these important documents, for Mr. Mendez's file."

I kept walking towards my office ignoring my manager's, Drew, stuttering plea. I was not in the mood right now except for working without any disturbance. The reason to my bad mood was her and the headache. She felt worse than a headache when she was constantly on my mind.

"Sir, please can-"

I turn around, facing him in irritation because he didn't get the fact that I wanted to be left alone. He slightly stumbles right before my feet, then balancing himself to a halt in order to prevent colliding against my chest. I wanted to silently laugh at his clumsiness that was due to his fear towards me making him even more nervous, but instead he angered me further more. He couldn't simply handle himself in front of his boss, how would he even manage a simple paper work?

"Linda!" I called over to my assistant manager instead," I want you with Mr. Mendez's file in my office, right now!" My voice boomed through out the whole floor.

I looked at Drew and he already had his eyes on the floor, "Drew I want you to set the meeting in the conference room, and Where is Sta-"

I was cut mid sentence to the sound of heels. I see my secretary, Stacy, walking over to her cubicle. She was late by one minute, and this has never happened before. I give a hard look to Stacy, when she speed walks over to me with some documents and my coffee in her hand.

"I am so, s-so-sorry sir, this won't hap-" the way their tongue ties before me is putting me in a state of impatience and anger.

I cut her off, after taking my coffee from her hand, "You're right it won't, because your fired." My voice as calm as I can manage.

I see her eyes widen with panic and fear, the look that I have gotten fairly familiar to in this office. I turn around and walk towards my office door, but apparently all the coworkers are stilled in silence.

"Everyone get back to work now, and Linda. Office. Now!" I yelled and slammed the door behind me. I never took bullshit from people especially from money hungry women, and those who come late to my office, and wasted my time it was not an exception.

✂ ✂ ✂ ✂

It was almost five in the evening, I start to prepare to leave home and get ready for dinner at Alex's. Once I arrived, I take a shower and wear a simple white dress shirt and faded jeans. I was fixing the cuffs of my shirt, while getting down the stair when I hear my dad's voice stopping me, calling me over. I go to the family room and see my dad resting on the couch.

"Hey dad, what's up?"

"Come here son, I need to have a word with you."

He said with a very serious tone and now I was all eyes and ear. This had something to do with the office, judging from his look, so I sat down and nod at him to continue.

"Look son, our business is doing great, but we need to make it better." He stated the obvious.

"What do we have to do dad, what's up your sleeve?"

I was always open to my father's ideas, even though I was the one managing the company. I always strive to make our family legacy better day by day.

"Henry and I came up with a deal. It's very beneficial to both of our companies." He stated calmly but showcasing his solid tone.

Henry Fiorentino and my dad are like brothers, they went to college together and took their majors in business. Although my dad's business succeeded but Henry's not so much. I couldn't really point my finger on the fact that why Henry is so worried about our business rather than his own.