Epilogue (18) - New Beginnings

🌼VOTE AND COMMENT!🌼

Serene's P.O.V

When you are hit with tragedy, sometimes you feel like you fall apart and will never be able find a new chapter in your life. But I did. I started my new beginning with a new story.

There is one thing that does and always will hold me back; my baby. Slowly with time, I will forget about my past, but those highlighted 5 months of my life left a permanent scar.I yearn to go back in time and change things, just to have my baby with me.

This secret that I still haven't told Colton is eating me up. He deserves to know but what's the point into digging back into our bygones when we already hit the gavel for the closure. I don't know what to do? It's too late anyway, so I guess I should just drop it.

It has been about 10 months, and slowly I can see the pieces of my life, slowly pulling back together. It hasn't been easy but I pushed my self to get through all of it.

Because this time I had my family as my back bone. No one has ever flipped back the old torn up pieces in my old book. Except that we all moved forward and gone by with our own motives and plans for everyday.
Jake always joked around saying at least the only benefit we got from our whole situation was tripling our millions. That joke stung because not any amount of money can buy happiness - something that I struggled for - but I got over it quick because no one takes Jake seriously.

Candice and Jake has been together on and off. Right now they're working through their troubled relationship but they are stronger than ever. Currently they are sailing just fine as a couple. Rose, and I root for them and push Jake to pull the ring out one day, so fingers crossed.

Alex and Bella, has a son named Calvin Hensley that is 4 and a daughter, Devina, that is 2 1/2 years old. They are happier than ever. Makes me so content to see the people around me doing so well.

Rose still haven't found the one, but she is currently testing the waters with a french guy that is her co-worker as a journalist. She had dated three different guys in the last five years - that she blames two on Alex and one on Jake for the cause of her break up. Even though, she doesn't seem so concern about it. She is patient and maybe this one will be the guy.

So back to me, as much as I loved helping people, I have quit my job as an R.N because it brought back the swirl of emotions and memories that I am trying to get past through. Reminds me of the old miserable me. Although that medical job was more to survive - to keep my life stable - rather than something I enjoyed.

When I was a little girl, my dad always spent time with me at his office. I would run around the whole office building and enjoyed interacting with the secretaries, and the other employees. I would sit on my dad's chair and pretend to be the boss. I would stare at my piggy tails, with fake nerdy glasses through the blank computer screen and I would always say to myself when I grow up I will be sitting on this chair one day.

So when I was struggling to pick a new career for what I wanted to do next as a fresh start, my father reminded me of the time when I was the bossy, little old me who wanted to be in his chair one day. He told me there was no one better to be in his position than me and that hit home. I guess the memory always stuck with him.

In that moment it clicked that I knew what I wanted to do. Til' today I help my dad around the office as his own personal assistant while going to a business school. So one day I can take over.

I got my passionate job, my best friends who always stood beside me and showed me a whole new aspect of life without letting me down. The boys made me feel at home never reminding me of the mistakes I made.