Stitches

I apologize for not updating in a long time I was busy with school exams and now I have writers block but I've sat here until I got you guys an update so I'm sorry if it isn't very good. It's more of a filler chapter if anything...

~ Emily <3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I woke up, I rubbed my eyes and they felt swollen and raw. I realized I was on Emily's couch sleeping in a sitting position. My neck hurt from the way I slept but I just ignored it. Getting up off the couch I stretched to take some pain from it.

I walked to her bathroom and looked in the mirror, I was right my eyes were swollen and raw. I had black circles under both my eyes and I had a cut on my forehead, it looked like it needed stitches but that was the last of my concerns. I rushed out of the bathroom in search of Emily, I found her in her bedroom. She was sleeping as peacefully as she could on her bed even after the accident that had happened last night.

I sighed, walking out of her bedroom and back to the bathroom, I grabbed a cloth. Wetting it with lukewarm water, I started cleaning the cut on my forehead. With a lot of hissing, and swear words I finally finished cleaning the ugly cut. It was deep and really red around it, sighing I changed and headed for the door. Before I left I made sure to write a note for Emily so she doesn't freak out.

Em,

I'm going to the clinic to get my forehead checked, I'll be back in a little bit... I'm walking so it may take a while so yea. Also I'll pick you up some breakfast on my way back. I have my cell, call if you need anything. I'm truly sorry....

love,

Abb

With the note written and stuck to the fridge I headed out of the door and started my walk to the clinic. Twenty minutes later I'm sitting impatiently in the waiting room for my name to be called. It was taking them forever to call my name and I was getting agitated.  Why is it taking so long? There isn't that many people in here.

Right when I was about to go talk to the lady my phone buzzed indicating that I had received a message. I pulled my phone out at lightening speed thinking its Em who messaged but it was in fact Dem instead.

Messages:

D: Hey! How are you?

A: Hi, ok and you?

D: Good now that I'm messaging to you ;)

A: Lol. Whatcha doing?

D: Working, you?

A: At the clinic ;/

D: What happened?

A: I may have gotten into an accident last night

D: WHAT?!!

A: It doesn't matter I am only getting stitches

D: What happened?

A: Well I got to go the doctor called my name... ttyl

End of Messages

Standing from my chair I made my way to my family doctor, he gave me a questioning look but other than that didn't ask questions as to why I was there. He probably saw the deep cut on my forehead because he quickly got to work. He disinfected a needle, got the numbing gel and the other things he needed for stitching. After he prepared everything he stuck the numbing gel on my forehead, directly on the cut and around it.

"How did this happen?" He asked.

Did I have to tell him the truth? If I did I would have to make a police report about the whole incident... I decided against telling him the exact truth. I wanted to keep what had happened a small secret until I talked about it with Emily.

"I ran into the side of the wall in my apartment. The lights were off and I'm clumsy as it is, I didn't see the wall coming."

I hope he buys that lame story because in all honesty out of me and Emily, she was the clumsier one out of the two of us. He nodded his head before writing it down in his notebook and placing it in what I assume is my file. I couldn't feel my forehead it was completely numb so he started stitching the deep cut. The only pain I felt was a tiny sting when the needle touched the cut.

"And we're done."

"Thank you Doc.."

"No Problem dear make sure to keep that cut clean and don't forget the stitches fall out on their own, also you have an appointment in a week. We'll call to confirm later on during the week."

"Thank you once again it means the world to me." with that said I walked out of the clinic with a smile on my face. I headed to subway and grabbed two subs because its past breakfast. paying the lady at the cash, I started my walk back to Emily's house.